• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are my rabbits bonded

Just wanted to get one last double check off here. I’ve been bonding my rabbits: female and male, for the last 2 1/2 months. There have been no physical fights, and just humping from the boy, Gizmo, whilst Lilah runs away. They spent 6 hours together yesterday with no fights or thumps at all, so I’ve decided to set them up in their final enclosure. But I’m anxious about leaving them alone together even though they have been fine. Just wondering if anyone has any advice

You are facing the biggest step - and one that many of us relate to. I am sure many of my RU friends will follow on from me and tell you about sleepless nights, sleeping downstairs with bunnies and so on. So everything your feeling we can all relate with.
You are guided by your observations and your gut instinct. You’ve said there’s no fighting and just jumping (asserting dominance) so I would say let them settle, put loads of hay in their enclosure, plenty of food and just make sure they are settled. I suspect you might sleep light tonight but I am confident that Gizmo and Lilah will be ok for their first night. They’ll sleep and maybe have a shuffle about but I think you’ll find they will be ok.
Plan b is to grab a duvet and pillow and spend a night on the sofa.
Good luck and let us know how things went in the morning. Xx

I just read your other thread about you moving them and them fighting, I would make sure they are fully bonded living together all the time in the bonding pen before trying to move them anywhere.

Back