• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paws under the table....

Craig 1965

Warren Veteran
Here's Lilleo a couple of nights ago, snuggled up together.
Bit of a story here...Every single night, at 9pm, they both come into the living room and make themselves comfy by the living room/kitchen door. You can set your watch by it. And there they'll sit. Leo is usually nearest the door entrance.
Lillian has been quite poorly last week with a severe recurrance of her UTI and stasis. She went into stasis last Friday morning - I noticed she was not presenting as she usually does and not interested in breakfast. I checked her underneath and she was quite damp so I called the vet immediately. Because of the current situation, the vet offered a phone consultation initially and there was an option to bring her in if necessary but that would be classed as an emergency and quite considerable cost. Since we had all relevant meds here anyway (from the last episide at the begining of March), I more or less diagnosed Lillian myself - I just needed the vet to sort of conset and approve of what I was suggesting and diagnosing.
Lillian continued to be damp and getting more damp each day and I was getting a bit concerned. I kept washing her underneath and slapping plenty of flamzene on to control any possible urine scald. It was doubly hard on Lillian because she was enjoying going outside and we wanted her to nom on the grass which she was doing, but because of the dampness/incontenance, the flies were being drawn to her. I'd covered her in rear guard but didn't feel comfortable with Lillian being outside so she got only limited garden time. She struggled for about 3-4 days with incontenance but I am pleased to say that from Last Tuesday morning, she really turned a corner and has been beautifully dry underneath since tuesday. Just checked her now and she is beautiful and floofy underneath. And she's been out all day eating any and everything outside. I feel pleased that I am becomming more tuned to Lillians spells of urine issues - probably as a result of the bladder stone last June. OUr swift intervention last Friday and commencement of meds from that morning meant Lillians recovery was quicker.
Anyway, here they both are. BTW, Leo eats more than Lillian - he has hollow legs but he is such an absolute sweetie. He is so trusting of hoomans and has really started to make himself feel at home with us now....
uLwLYxc.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry to hear that Lillian has had another episode of UTI, but well done Craig on nipping it in the bud. Bless them both, they look so contented, so pleased that Leo has settled in, he must think he's in paradise xx

Sorry to hear that Lillian has had another episode of UTI, but well done Craig on nipping it in the bud. Bless them both, they look so contented, so pleased that Leo has settled in, he must think he's in paradise xx

Well now you see I was saying this exact thing earlier about Leo. It’s been such a huge emotional journey for him in 3 months. He’s gone from stability with his original family and then given to the blue cross - which must have been so upsetting for the family and Leo after almost 5 years, then in foster care for a few weeks then with us, plus having another rabbit in his life too. I think he’s adapted very well despite the memories he undoubtedly has from his former family. But he does seem to have created his own routine now with us and is hopefully feeling like this is now his stable home.

I'm sure he does Craig, I loved the videos of him when he first explored the garden, so lovely to see him enjoying the freedom. You have done wonders with him, anybun is lucky to be in your care xx

Great job getting Lillian sorted so quickly. It looks like Leo is enjoying his new home and best friend.
Sending you all some positive vibes.

Awwww. they look so contented :love: Leo is a great new friend for Lillian. I am sure you still shed a tear for Henry though xxx

Awwww. they look so contented :love: Leo is a great new friend for Lillian. I am sure you still shed a tear for Henry though xxx

Thank you Mke - and I do - frequently. I still get Leo's name regularly mixed up with Henry and last night Leo decided to perform zoomies round the living room - the exact same path Henry would take. And the other day Leo came absolutely belting down the garden path (for no reason other than it was fun) and just looked so much like Henry did.

Glad to hear that Lillian appears to be recovering from her UTI and both Bunnies look very relaxed together in the pic :love:

what a lovely photo. What's Leo's story Craig. I can't remember (am 58 and my memory is not what it used to be!). He looks very happy and content now :love:

Back