• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

Hi,
In one of my previous posts I mentioned that I have recently adopted a new male neutered bunny, Gizmo, to accompany my female rabbit Lilah.
I have continued with the bonding process through increasing the time spent together in a neutral place and included some hay and treats for them to bond over. I have noticed that they have begun to get along a lot better, often cuddling and sharing food and Lilah seems much more interested in their friendship than before. I have currently set up a pen to put them both in for longer periods of time, however I don't think that they have yet established who's the dominant one, as both of them are doing the grooming, and although Gizmo is often chasing Lilah around to hump her, she runs away and doesn't let it happen. Does anyone know if this means that I should carry on with the bonding? I have been bonding the rabbits for around 2 1/2 months now.
Hope someone can help:wave:

From what you have told us, I feel very sure your 2 rabbits are more or less bonded. You can't really read anything into who is grooming who and as Lilah is running away from being mounted, then this is perfectly natural. This will calm down soon, especially if they have more room as your male will get fed up with chasing her. I hope they will have many happy years with you.

Back