• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on pending vet trip

Yeah I switch it around all the time dependent on which buns are ill, which need peer support, who travels badly. I'd love Mouse to have some support from Rudey as she is my most nervy bun but its too risky for him. Most of my buns leap in to my arms from the consult table. Do you think vets have vet nurses to help them during consult?

When I booked them in I said I'd write any concerns for each rabbit & was told no need. I will though, can't see how it could be anything other than helpful.

Helpful and necessary I would have thought.

Urm. I think it said here somewhere about whether anything significant is found during the health check.. I am currently sitting outside Crab Lane vets while Olly is X-rayed - Becky has found"a mass in his cranial abdomen" (most likely liver). I had zero health concerns when I bought him for vaccination. Bloods are also being sent to the lab.

Sending vibes for Olly.

Urm. I think it said here somewhere about whether anything significant is found during the health check.. I am currently sitting outside Crab Lane vets while Olly is X-rayed - Becky has found"a mass in his cranial abdomen" (most likely liver). I had zero health concerns when I bought him for vaccination. Bloods are also being sent to the lab.

Missed this yesterday, I really hope that Olly is OK xx

Thanks all for the vibes.

Adding well wishes for Olly xx

Thank you. The news today is that the lump hasn't moved and Becky's thoughts at the moment are that it's something chronic (though it wasn't there when he had an admission for stasis on 10 March). She doesn't think he is in immediate danger but would like to know what it is in case there is a management plan to be made.

Have you got yours booked yet? I got LOADS of willow on the way back but there's some left if you decide to forage some too! (The lay-by opposite Millstones). I left myself a note reminding me to put my foraging gear in the car for the willow.. and I accidentally left that in the wallet with the vaccine cards ... hopefully the team at CLV didn't think it was an instruction for them to forage.:oops:

Thanks all for the vibes.

Thank you. The news today is that the lump hasn't moved and Becky's thoughts at the moment are that it's something chronic (though it wasn't there when he had an admission for stasis on 10 March). She doesn't think he is in immediate danger but would like to know what it is in case there is a management plan to be made.

Have you got yours booked yet? I got LOADS of willow on the way back but there's some left if you decide to forage some too! (The lay-by opposite Millstones). I left myself a note reminding me to put my foraging gear in the car for the willow.. and I accidentally left that in the wallet with the vaccine cards ... hopefully the team at CLV didn't think it was an instruction for them to forage.:oops:

I hope it can be resolved.

No we had to cancel as car broken

I hope it can be resolved.

No we had to cancel as car broken

Oh no. That's not good. I imagine trying to get a car repaired is a nightmare at the moment, it was hard enough buying a new tyre.

Olly's issue would appear to already be resolved :shock: I got a phone call late afternoon to say that the lump had completely gone. 2 vets and a nurse confirmed it. It is now thought to have been something in his digestive system after all.

I don't know if it's feasible to sort but I have to collect Olly and companion tomorrow - it might be possible for me to take your bunnies with a bit of planning (and if CLV have capacity). It's not like you can go in with them anyway so it wouldn't matter who was sitting outside while they are in. I'm happy to do it if you want. Let me know if you want to try and work something out. I don't have a pick up time yet, I have to work it out with them tomorrow.

Oh no. That's not good. I imagine trying to get a car repaired is a nightmare at the moment, it was hard enough buying a new tyre.

Olly's issue would appear to already be resolved :shock: I got a phone call late afternoon to say that the lump had completely gone. 2 vets and a nurse confirmed it. It is now thought to have been something in his digestive system after all.

I don't know if it's feasible to sort but I have to collect Olly and companion tomorrow - it might be possible for me to take your bunnies with a bit of planning (and if CLV have capacity). It's not like you can go in with them anyway so it wouldn't matter who was sitting outside while they are in. I'm happy to do it if you want. Let me know if you want to try and work something out. I don't have a pick up time yet, I have to work it out with them tomorrow.

So glad that Olly is OK :)

Really pleased to see your update about Olly :D The best sort of news. I also thought it amusing about leaving your foraging note in with the vaccination cards.

Great news about Olly.

Thank You so much BB & Dilly for your (continuous) offers of help & support. Its likely car needs new battery - there is a garage behind the house opposite to us so Bob has one on order (having wandered over there in his pyjama bottoms :roll: )so hoping we are back on the road soon. Its so touching how kind you are to me.
I just wanna get together & have a forage & picnic.

I’m so glad to see the update on Olly. It is so touching to see how people offer to help others :love:

Good to hear Olly's doing better :)

I just wanna get together & have a forage & picnic.
Ooh, are we invited? It's not far for a daytrip :D We'll likely be due a visit to OH's family in Burnley by then.

I'm lucky that I CAN walk to our vets if the car's out, wouldn't be comfortable with two bunnies in a Cabrio though :S We also live in the same street as at least three car repair places XD

Good to hear Olly's doing better :)

Ooh, are we invited? It's not far for a daytrip :D We'll likely be due a visit to OH's family in Burnley by then.

I'm lucky that I CAN walk to our vets if the car's out, wouldn't be comfortable with two bunnies in a Cabrio though :S We also live in the same street as at least three car repair places XD

Yeah of course - everybun welcome

Back