• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding poll...

What do you feed your rabbit(s)?

• Burgess Supa Excel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Science Selective

• Allen & Page pellets

• Oxbow

• Russell Rabbit

• Other muesli mix

• Other altogether

• Total voters
MandyM said:
beck said:
I use chudleys rabbit royale.

I got a big bag full from the breeder I got Blueberry from, it was highly recomended.
I didn't think I could get it round here so I was going to start changeing her over to something I could get hold of locally, such as excell.
But the rescue I adopted Brian from also use chudleys rabbit royale and also highly recommeneded it! so I bought a big bag from them and now know where i can get it from fairly locally.

Me too, they love it and it smells really nice! :D

Claude was on it when i got him from the breeder,he loved it! i only stopped feeding it because i couldnt get ot from anywhere,claude loved the dryed danilion bits oh and your right mandy it smells lovely!

We use Dobson and Dorell pellets as it is an all in one food, but is smaller than the Excel so all the old bunnies chew it more easily :roll: :lol: :lol:
It is a third of the price of Excel and has virtually the same contents.

Adele said:
We use Dobson and Dorell pellets as it is an all in one food, but is smaller than the Excel so all the old bunnies chew it more easily :roll: :lol: :lol:
It is a third of the price of Excel and has virtually the same contents.

where do you get that, Adele?

I'm trying to get my rabbit eating the excel stuff, but he just seems to ignore it! I've been giving in and feeding him Russel Rabbit because I get worried that he'll starve! I've only had Ozzie for 3 weeks and the breeder fed him Russel Rabbit, so that's what he's used to. The vet has explained the problem with this type of mix, so I'm desperate to get him on to the healthy stuff. Any tips to help me persuade him?!

At first my bunnies didn't want to give up thier old food and given the choice of the new stuff (Science Selective) and the old, went for the old every time.

In the end I mixed the two and just gradually reduced the old food and then they started to eat the new!

Good luck! :)

njefferies said:
The vet has explained the problem with this type of mix, so I'm desperate to get him on to the healthy stuff.

Hi, I would be interested to hear what are the problems with Russell Rabbit, a couple of mine are on it, becuase as you say once they are on it they seem not to like anything else! Is it just because they have the chance to be selective about what they eat?

njefferies said:
I'm trying to get my rabbit eating the excel stuff, but he just seems to ignore it! I've been giving in and feeding him Russel Rabbit because I get worried that he'll starve! I've only had Ozzie for 3 weeks and the breeder fed him Russel Rabbit, so that's what he's used to. The vet has explained the problem with this type of mix, so I'm desperate to get him on to the healthy stuff. Any tips to help me persuade him?!

Your rabbit won't starve. People seem to forget that hay is food too and a rabbit's diet should be at least 80% hay. Snowball gets a tiny amount of pellets twice a day and when I say tiny, I really mean tiny! She also has loads of fresh veggies and herbs, but when she gets peckish, she munches on her hay. I can't stress enough how important hay is in a rabbit's diet, it could save you a fortune in vet bills. All our buns have only a little amount of pellets twice a day (except Starsky and Shadey, they seem to have a high metabolic rate and therefore need more, but still only twice a day) and loads of veggies.

If you want to change over your bun's food, you need to do it gradually over two weeks or so, otherwise you'll upset the digestive system.

Hope this helps! :wink:

I feed clark and butcher pellits [ with added anti cocksidiosis]. i get my food from a livery yard that doubles as a food supplers. val

My lot all get Allen and Page Natural Rabbit Pellets.

Its the most natural dry feed I could find, it has a high fibre content at 23% and contains a probiotic. They all eat it and I've never had any problems with sticky bums. It contains no GM ingredients or artificial colours and flavourings. To round it off nicely I buy it in 20 kg sacks for £6.00!!

My lot got sticky bum when I used Burgess Supa Excel, its much more expensive then A&P. I've never used Science Selective but again its more expensive and Oxbow is a ridiculous price.

Louise

I used to feed mine russel rabbit junior but when I got my new one she was being fed pets at home pellets at the shop so I weened smokey onto that

Back