• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nuggets for Adult Rabbits

zenyah65

Young Bun
Hi All,

I am slowly introducing the Burgess Excel 16+ weeks nuggets for adult rabbits, from the pets at home brand of adult nuggets.

I wanted to see if anyone has any advice as to the following:

Flop - approx 2.3kg Mini Lop/Lop
Snow - approx 1.2kg Netherlands Dwarf

1) I believe the Burgess Excel nuggets to be better for them?

2) Looking on the back of the Excel packet there are only two weight catagories 2-2.3kg and then anything above, Snow doesn't fall within these catagories does anyone know of they are suitable?

3) The comparison in the amount to feed on the back of each packet, for example pets at home 1.5-5kg should have 35 to 125g which is alot, and Burgess Excel 2-2.3kg should have 50-60g which I also feel is alot?

4) They have annual health checks at the vet and are not overweight and he always advises only feeding an egg cup full each a day which is what I usually do, I feed 20g between them each day, does this sound about right?

I think I'm getting a little confused because there is so much information on the back of packets which differ...

If anyone can provide any info I would be very grateful [emoji4]

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I am slowly introducing the Burgess Excel 16+ weeks nuggets for adult rabbits, from the pets at home brand of adult nuggets.

I wanted to see if anyone has any advice as to the following:

Flop - approx 2.3kg Mini Lop/Lop
Snow - approx 1.2kg Netherlands Dwarf

1) I believe the Burgess Excel nuggets to be better for them?

2) Looking on the back of the Excel packet there are only two weight catagories 2-2.3kg and then anything above, Snow doesn't fall within these catagories does anyone know of they are suitable?

3) The comparison in the amount to feed on the back of each packet, for example pets at home 1.5-5kg should have 35 to 125g which is alot, and Burgess Excel 2-2.3kg should have 50-60g which I also feel is alot?

4) They have annual health checks at the vet and are not overweight and he always advises only feeding an egg cup full each a day which is what I usually do, I feed 20g between them each day, does this sound about right?

I think I'm getting a little confused because there is so much information on the back of packets which differ...

If anyone can provide any info I would be very grateful [emoji4]

This may be helpful to take a look at

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-food.asp

Also

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/components-rabbit-diet.asp

The amount on the bags is always higher than it should be. Are the rabbits only 4 months old as if so I would say an eggcup full per bunny each day might be enough. They are still growing if they are 16 weeks old and the new Pellets will be fine for your Netherland Dwarf.

Thank you, they are over a year old now. Okay so only giving them an egg cup full each a day is actually fine [emoji4] My worry was the nuggets not being suitable for my Netherlands Dwarf.

Thank you, they are over a year old now. Okay so only giving them an egg cup full each a day is actually fine [emoji4] My worry was the nuggets not being suitable for my Netherlands Dwarf.

I feed my nethie excel nuggets. he loves them & is doing fine with them :thumb:
I do tend to give them (1 x nethie, 1 x other) a bit more then an eggcup full each. perhaps 2 eggcups full in spring & summer & 3 in the winter.

Back