• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are these ok for rabbits?

Because Misha is so fussy, a friend suggested baby snacks, they are baked corn, this is copied and pasted description, would they be ok or not?

Product Description
Baked corn snack with tomato and carrot
Find us at www.organix.com
New look, same great taste!
Our melty tomato slices are made with organic corn puffs, flavoured with tomato and carrot. They make the perfect baby finger food. (Removed snack)
We only use organic corn in our tomato puffs which is gently baked into slices that are chunky and are easy to grab, hold and happily munch, perfectly sized for little fingers. They melt in the mouth too. All we add for flavour is tomato and carrot on to every one.

Because Misha is so fussy, a friend suggested baby snacks, they are baked corn, this is copied and pasted description, would they be ok or not?

Product Description
Baked corn snack with tomato and carrot
Find us at www.organix.com
New look, same great taste!
Our melty tomato slices are made with organic corn puffs, flavoured with tomato and carrot. They make the perfect baby finger food. (Removed snack)
We only use organic corn in our tomato puffs which is gently baked into slices that are chunky and are easy to grab, hold and happily munch, perfectly sized for little fingers. They melt in the mouth too. All we add for flavour is tomato and carrot on to every one.

Looking at the ingredients, I would say no, as rabbits should not have onion. Tbh they are not something I would feed to a rabbit anyway. In my view rabbits are better off with basic, natural food, which has not been processed.

Looking at the ingredients, I would say no, as rabbits should not have onion. Tbh they are not something I would feed to a rabbit anyway. In my view rabbits are better off with basic, natural food, which has not been processed.

I’d also agree with this. Also from what I’ve heard corn isn’t meant to great for rabbits. Natural unprocessed treats are much healthier. Also remember that small amounts of fruit (eg banana and apple) can also be given as a treat if you want a cheap alternative, but remember to restrict this as fruits are high in sugar.

It may not be great stuff, but as a rare treat that doesn't matter. It's junkfood. There are cheaper and actually quite healthy options for treats.

Rabbits can digest corn, no problem. But it's composition is so that it isn't good rabbit food. Also when given whole kernels it can cause damage to their teeth.

Onion is not a problem for rabbits either, not in such amounts anyway. My rabbits even dug up those I planted to have some bites. In a diverse diet greens of allium plants have positive effects.

corn is okay when put into something else and isn't the whole piece - like corn on the cob or pieces of literal corn. its why fenugreek crunchies are okay despite being corn, as its not literal pieces of corn. or at least that's what I've been told.

tbh I wouldn't feed these anyway. rabbits have such sensitive GI tracts, I always do for treats that are as natural as possible. its a snack for toddlers sure but, toddler snacks aren't made for buns.

the most important part of his diet is hay and pellet. nothing else is important tbh, snacks, treats, that's not important apart of a buns diet. veggies are good for bunnies but not necessary, so if a bun refuses to eat them (or cant) they can be healthy without, its just preferable.

Yeah I agree they shouldn't be given, they may cause no harm but as mentioned they're not necessary so to me not worth the risk. As long as bunny eats plenty of hay, as mentioned above, that is the best diet. If he's fussy with hay - you should try and encourage eating more by trying different varieties, different ways of presenting it see if that makes a difference. If fussy with other food types I wouldn't worry, I have one bun who isn't very keen on pellets and sometimes goes days without eating them - but eats plenty of hay and has veg/herbs on an evening so his diet is good. Another bun is very fussy with veg and there's only a few types she likes so she'll go without sometimes, but again gets enough hay and she does eat 1 egg cup of pellets each day. :)

Back