• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New rabbit hutch

Hi, has anyone got any recommendations for a new outdoor hutch for 3 rabbits? It doesn’t need a run I let the rabbits free roam all day. Also trying not to spend more than £250 hopefully something nearer £200 TIA

A wendy house would be bigger and better value than a hutch - and probably better made so will last longer. You could also look on Freecycle or ebay - but I would avoid a second hand hutch due to the risk of infection.

A wendy house would be bigger and better value than a hutch - and probably better made so will last longer. You could also look on Freecycle or ebay - but I would avoid a second hand hutch due to the risk of infection.

I agree with Shimmer. Also, it is hugely risky to allow Rabbits to free roam in any garden unless they are supervised all the time. No garden is 100% safe from predators.

Some info on here :

https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-care-advice/rabbit-housing/

I agree with everything others have said. I think free roaming is a great idea and the ideal in most circumstances. However, free roaming indoors this is, as a house rabbit. Domesticated rabbits are pretty defenceless when it comes to predators and unfortunately there is no way of completely protecting them from such predators in a garden etc.

Thanks I will have a look at some playhouses. I know it’s a bit risky but I’ve have been doing it for 10 years so far with no problem, I only have a small walled courtyard garden

If you are going to look for a Playhouse you will need nothing smaller than a 5 x 4' for 3 rabbits.

A shed lined with ply would be good. I’d agree I wouldn’t leave rabbits to free roam, the biggest run you can manage attached to the shed providing 24/7 access would be best.

Oo lucky rabbits. I wish mine could be free range but we have two dogs ...

Hope they enjoy their playhouse.

Back