Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old Age

Got a call from the vets a couple of hours ago, Fluffys results came back today. Nothing of any significance to be fair other than it showed she was slightly dehydrated at the time.

She's maintaining her temperature now, I thought again about snugglesafe and have got a couple coming by Tuesday, I also bought a couple of self warming pet blankets which arrived today, feels quite nice to the touch but I've put a towel over the top to soak up her wee as she's not always using the litter tray these days.

I've been syringe feeding her every 3 hours between 8am and 11:30pm since Wednesday, I've slowly managed to get her weight to increase. She's still not eating as much as she should be, grazing now and then on hay and dried grass, she ignores pellets altogether, yesterday I managed to get hold of some fruity rabbit museli which she is picking at and then going back to during the evening's, better she eats something not too healthy then nothing at all.

From tomorrow I'm going to scale back her syringe feeds to every 4 hours to see how she responds to that over the next couple of days and then hopefully push it back a bit more gradually.

The vet treating her wasn't on duty today so they've left a note for her Incase sure needs to contact me about anything else on Tuesday I wasn't expecting an update until then to be fair given its Easter, it's a bit of relief knowing it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Did the vet have a thorough check of her teeth? I would be concerned as to what is causing her not to eat properly. Good news re the test results though x

Also glad you decided on heatpads. If she is cold, she will almost certainly choose to lie where it feels nice and cosy warm, fingers crossed it helps her.

Yeah teeth are fine and she'll happily eat hay and grass etc etc just not massive amounts, she's eaten some broccoli today which has been a no for about 5 days, think she just likes to see what variety she's going to get next

Just swinging by with an update on Fluffy.

She's doing as well as can be, I've made her a comfy bed to snuggle on at night and I leave a heat pad on it for her to use it she wants to, usually gets pushed off to be fair.

I've bought an automatic pet feeder which has veg in which is set to open up in the early hours of the morning, it's got 2 compartments with 1 set to open 4 hours after her last syringe feed and then the 2nd one 4 hours after the 1st. Gives her the option to graze overnight so I'm not having to wake up to do a syringe feed.

She's gone from a syringe feed every 3 hours to every 4 between 8am and 11pm, over the week her weight has maintained the same so the next step is to try 4.5 hours for a week and see how she reacts.

She's not wobbling around as much her meds have helped she obviously has her bad days but still lively and attentive.

I've been making my order paste up by grinding pellets with some fibafirst in and a few oats.

She's still eating hay and dried grass just not enough for me to cut the syringe feeds yet