• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

Hi,
I have previously adopted a 1 year old male rabbit, Gizmo, to accompany the female rabbit I already had, Lilah. Lilah was previously bonded to a female rabbit, who unfortunately passed .
I have begun the bonding process but found that Lilah is completely uninterested in Gizmo, whenever he tries to interact she runs away. I have tried to encourage grooming by putting banana on either one of their heads but it doesn’t seem to be working.
The bonding is occurring every day for a couple of hours in a neutral space, there haven’t been any physical fights just a lack of interaction between both of them.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice?
Thank you

Theres a few things that might encourage them to interact. Having a pile of veggies, hay or herbs - eating together is positive. Some people reduce the bonding space . All in all it sounds like you are doing everything right, its just taking Lilah a while to trust Gizmo which is totally normal. It might be worth increasing the amount of time you bond them

Welcome to Ru

Running away is perfectly normal as it takes a few days for the female to trust the male. As J&B said, could you keep them together for longer as there is no aggression and this will help them to feel more relaxed with one another. It sounds like you are going to have a successful bond :thumb:

Back