• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Run Setup for my Trio

Beapig

Mama Doe
We just finished a new permanent run for our bunnies today! They are free range most of the time as we work from home and our studio overlooks the garden, but we wanted a 24/7 access run for them, so if we have to go out for a few hours (when normal life resumes!) they still have a run that they can always use. As they wake up earlier than me, I imagine they'll use it in the mornings too.

For anyone interested, it's four of the 'Sussex Runs' from Chicken Coops Direct, attached together. It took us ages to paint all of it, but they arrive stained neon orange, so had to be done! The tube going to the shed is from the Omlet 'Zippi' range.

The bunnies seem to be enjoying their first time in it :)

Hopefully it will all look a bit prettier when the grass starts growing back, and I'd like to add some pretty planters around the edge of the concrete slabs eventually.

Jellybean has gone back to picking on Beatrice recently, which is frustrating. She's a bit of a thug. Hamilton doesn't let her get away with it much, but she does bully her. I'm not sure why. We were planning on adopting another bunny to bond them with, hopefully from Wind Whistle Warren, but that is on hold now obviously due to the virus.

20200405_192642 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20200405_192658 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

20200405_192932 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Thats looks absolutely fabulous! Wish I had the time and effort to make something like that for my bun... not to mention the space 😅

Lucky bunnies. Sorry Jelly is being a madame. maybe exacerbated by Spring. When I had a trio Boo was normally loving or indifferent to Mouse but the bully in her was always lurking, we'd have spells when she was more of a pain than others xx

Super jealous! We could do with something like that, sloped roof to not interfere with the washing...! Hope they keep it nice ;P

Aww thank you so much for the lovely feedback everyone! :love: We added some enrichment to the run, which they really seem to like. A little hidey hut and a climbing platform made out of some old pallet offcuts from a planter we've been making. So far they've just been chinning everything mostly :lol:

Also J&B, thank you that is very reassuring about your trio. Hamilton is being extra...boyish at the moment too :shock: I think they've all got a bit of Spring fever, apart from poor Beatrice who is miss good as gold.

2020-04-10_09-03-26 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

2020-04-10_09-03-13 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

2020-04-10_09-03-40 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Lovely photos :love: You've done a brilliant job with the run and I love the climbing platform! I'm a little jealous of your garden space!

Back