Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with ingredients please...

Default Need help with ingredients please...

Hello,

My little Pepper has had a lot of issues with leaking and she had a bladder flush just before Christmas as I saw sludge. She seems uncomfortable again today, and I have booked a Vet appointment for Monday.

In the meantime, I’m looking into calcium-content of what she’s eating. She loves the Nature’s Touch stuff, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it all means...

Is this good or bad?

composition and Nutrition^Ingredient(s):

Bran, hay, integral sunflower, dehydrated alfalfa, straw, dehydrated carrot (Daucus carota), wheat, beetroot pulp, olive leaf, nettle (Urtica dioica L.), birch (Betula L.), cane molasses, barley , helianthus (Helianthus L.) and soya oil.

Additives:

ADDITIVES: Vitamin A 13.400 UI/Kg.Vitamin D3 1.206 UI/Kg Vitamina E (alfa tocoferol) 33,50 ppm Lys (lisina) 0,47% O L I G O E L E M E N T S Iron, Fe (ferrous carbonate)104,50 ppm Iodine, I (potassium iodide) 1,40 ppm Cobalt, Co (cobaltous basic carbonate) 0,40 ppm Copper, Cu (copper sulfate pentahydrate) 10,70 ppm Manganese, Mn (manganouse oxide) 27,50 ppm Zinc, Zn (zinc oxide) 68,35 ppm Selenium, Se (sodium selenite) 0,06 ppm.

*I usually pick out the dried carrot bits as I don’t want the buns to have them,
    —-
    She has Volvic bottled water in a bowl and in a drinking fountain, she has unlimited hay (all sorts of variety except alfalfa, she has low-calcium fresh herbs and done veg, SS pellets, not really any fresh fruit as she’s not keen (very occasionally a bit of apple or pear).

She used to have spinach, watercress and kale, until Vet said to give her low-calcium options.

She likes dried cranberries and dried herbs/treats.

I went foraging today and got bramble leaves and fresh grass (she’s ignored both).

This is maybe a stupid question: is there different calcium content in hay? I tend to offer a variety to ensure they keep eating, but should I be more particular about types of hay?

Bertie eats and drinks exactly the same as Pepper but (touch wood) has had no urinary tract/sludge issues...

Beau Belle

In a world where you can be anything, be kind x

If I recall correctly calcium content varies a little between hays & depending when its cut too. Not hugely though (except for alfalfa). I've studied so many pellet & recovery ingredients & ended up a lot more confused. Pepper will still need some calcium in her diet for healthy tushpegs so I (personally) wouldn't try too hard to remove all sources. Good luck for Monday

Thank you xx

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Belle View Post
    Hello,

My little Pepper has had a lot of issues with leaking and she had a bladder flush just before Christmas as I saw sludge. She seems uncomfortable again today, and I have booked a Vet appointment for Monday.

In the meantime, I’m looking into calcium-content of what she’s eating. She loves the Nature’s Touch stuff, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what it all means...

Is this good or bad?

Bran, hay, integral sunflower, dehydrated alfalfa, straw, dehydrated carrot (Daucus carota), wheat, beetroot pulp, olive leaf, nettle (Urtica dioica L.), birch (Betula L.), cane molasses, barley , helianthus (Helianthus L.) and soya oil.

Additives:

ADDITIVES: Vitamin A 13.400 UI/Kg.Vitamin D3 1.206 UI/Kg Vitamina E (alfa tocoferol) 33,50 ppm Lys (lisina) 0,47% O L I G O E L E M E N T S Iron, Fe (ferrous carbonate)104,50 ppm Iodine, I (potassium iodide) 1,40 ppm Cobalt, Co (cobaltous basic carbonate) 0,40 ppm Copper, Cu (copper sulfate pentahydrate) 10,70 ppm Manganese, Mn (manganouse oxide) 27,50 ppm Zinc, Zn (zinc oxide) 68,35 ppm Selenium, Se (sodium selenite) 0,06 ppm.

*I usually pick out the dried carrot bits as I don’t want the buns to have them,
    —-
    She has Volvic bottled water in a bowl and in a drinking fountain, she has unlimited hay (all sorts of variety except alfalfa, she has low-calcium fresh herbs and done veg, SS pellets, not really any fresh fruit as she’s not keen (very occasionally a bit of apple or pear).

She used to have spinach, watercress and kale, until Vet said to give her low-calcium options.

I went foraging today and got bramble leaves and fresh grass (she’s ignored both).

This is maybe a stupid question: is there different calcium content in hay? I tend to offer a variety to ensure they keep eating, but should I be more particular about types of hay?

Bertie eats and drinks exactly the same as Pepper but (touch wood) has had no urinary tract/sludge issues...
    dear beau belle,--please review this link http://www.medirabbit.com sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa stay healthy

Thank you xx

Good luck with vets visit Monday, hope all goes well for Pepper xxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Belle View Post
    Hello,

Is this good or bad?

Additives:

—-

I can't find this on line? Are they pellets? Tesco's do a low calcium water.

I can't help with the pellets, I have a sludge bun and she doesn't have any pellets, she has lots of veg normally, the water content seems to negate the calcium content apparently, so I don't worry too much about it.

I think volvic water is low calcium the other option is tesco ashbeck

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    I can't find this on line? Are they pellets? Tesco's do a low calcium water.
    It’s Nature’s Touch, or as we refer to it, “sprinkles”. It’s not pellets but not hay either. It’s more like dry forage.

Hmm, it doesn’t mention calcium on the ingredients or nutritional info. I’ve looked on their website http://natures-touch.org/natures-tou...lt-rabbit.html and it says ,’We have also added a balanced quantity of calcium and phosphorus tothis diet to help prevent kidney problems which rabbits are known to suffer with when fed on certain diets‘
    But it doesn’t really give any facts. I would contact them to ask if I were you.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx