• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nail clippers - recommendations please

RosemaryG

Warren Scout
Hi everyone, hope you're all safe and well

Bugsy and Tallulah are in desperate need of a visit to the nurse for a nail clipping session, but as that's not going to happen anytime soon, we're going to bite the bullet and try ourselves

I've seen these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarnel-Pro...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

does anyone else use them or have any other recommendations? We're novices at this but the bunnies submit to handling quite well so we should be ok with something that cuts safely

thanks x

Hi everyone, hope you're all safe and well

Bugsy and Tallulah are in desperate need of a visit to the nurse for a nail clipping session, but as that's not going to happen anytime soon, we're going to bite the bullet and try ourselves

I've seen these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarnel-Pro...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

does anyone else use them or have any other recommendations? We're novices at this but the bunnies submit to handling quite well so we should be ok with something that cuts safely

thanks x

haha, good luck with that!

Good thread, think I'm going to have to have a go at Treacles in a couple of weeks time, she's got such fluffy feet though. Better get plasters in for my fingers !

Thanks everyone, I've gone with J&Bs recommendation - thank you - Amazon Prime, arriving Thursday. I'll let you know how we get on !

So all went well, we have all our fingers and the bunnies have all their toes

Slow and steady definitely worked. I held each bunny in turn in front of me on a towel between my knees and gently lifted their front paws up off the floor, my daughter sat in front and held one paw at a time and gently snipped each nail. The back paws were a bit more tricky but by holding the bun in a more upright position, it was easier to access the back paws. Tallulah has very fluffy feet but clear nails so the vein was easy to see and avoided.

Treats followed for us all. The clippers we used were very efficient, with good sharp blade and a cover to ensure you don't cut too much at a time.

Hope this helps anyone who's also thinking of giving it a go.

Slow and steady definitely worked. I held each bunny in turn in front of me on a towel between my knees and gently lifted their front paws up off the floor, my daughter sat in front and held one paw at a time and gently snipped each nail. The back paws were a bit more tricky but by holding the bun in a more upright position, it was easier to access the back paws. Tallulah has very fluffy feet but clear nails so the vein was easy to see and avoided.

Treats followed for us all. The clippers we used were very efficient, with good sharp blade and a cover to ensure you don't cut too much at a time.

Brilliant. I'm glad it was a success.

P

Oh well done, I wondered how you were getting on. I inspected Treacles claws this morning, they are not too bad, but will definatly need doing in 2-3 weeks time. She's a good girl though, and never struggles at the vets, so paws crossed it will go ok :?

Back