• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bond - U/D with photos, bond starts tomorrow!!!

Thanks for all your lovely comments on them both :)

We’ve started the bonding process today as Willow sadly had an Emergency visit to the vets the other day they treated her for stasis but they think she’s had a slight reaction to her vaccination but she had fluids, pain relief and a gut stimulant but she’s perked right up again so we’ve started today

There’s been minimal chasing, lots of grooming (willow grooming bailey - bailey had groomed willow but not as much but then he didn’t really groom his previous companion of he could help it

They’ve ignored each other, have eaten hay and are currently laying together

Now on my previous bond my female wasn’t very tolerant so we had to do quick dates and gradually increase the time, but so far so good with these two

What’s the next step, am I still to separate after a few hours or because it’s going well leave them? We’re all down the hallway atm :lol:

So do I separate after a couple hours then try later/today or am I leaving them like this overnight if obviously not fights etc break out?

Thanks for any help; I wasn’t expecting it to go this well!

Well it sounds like you have a happy pair of rabbits so I would not separate them now, not even overnight if they remain happy for the rest of the day.

Really pleased to hear it's going well so far.

I agree with tonibun that you should keep them together all the time now. If all remains well after a couple of days you can slowly start to increase their space.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Right that’s what I was just saying to partner lucky our bedroom leads off from hallway and it does have a baby gate there so we can leave them overnight and do shifts in staying awake lol

So to increase space as we are in a flat and down the hallway etc so the door to bathroom is closed atm would I just open that see how they go?

Then the next space is the living room so obviously it will jump significantly in space as Bailey is free roam, so I’m guessing now we’re not putting willow back in the dog crate/pen setup

How soon is too soon to open the living room door as obviously I don’t want to do damage now

I really wasn’t expecting this it’s kinda thrown me :lol:

uwKWqR7_d.jpg

A little sneaky peek of them two laying next to each other having a snooze!

They look so bonded you can more or less let them have the space you want them to have. I really can't see them falling out now. :love::love:

They look so bonded you can more or less let them have the space you want them to have. I really can't see them falling out now. :love::love:

Even though it’s only been a couple of hours? There’s been a lot of grooming, flopping and they’ve eaten hay etc we are just all cramped down the hallway
My only concern is Bailey is free roam so they have run of the house (apart from the bedroom thanks to a mattress being chewed :lol:

So obviously in the living room there’s hidey holes, hay boxes toys etc which are Baileys and which could cause territorial behaviour over?

I’m so thrown off by this as there’s been little chasing, and it’s all been laying, sleeping and eating

beautiful:love: if only all bunnies bonded so easily. Obviously meant to be

Tell me about it! Bailey and my female before she was a nightmare to bond we had to do short dates etc and gradually increase as she just wouldn’t settle and that took a couple weeks as Harley just wouldn’t settle with him and they fought all the time, even living side by side

This has thrown me out completely because now we are all stuck down the hallway :lol:

i agree with tonibun, they'll be fine. Love at first sight bunnies :love: My first bond was like this, my second was a bit of an eye opener :lol:

Boy buns don't tend to be as territorial as females so there shouldn't be too much of an issue with Willow using Bailey's hideys etc when you open up the space for them. If it were a Male coming into a female's territory I would be more cautious.

They do seem to be getting on very well [emoji3]

i agree with tonibun, they'll be fine. Love at first sight bunnies :love: My first bond was like this, my second was a bit of an eye opener :lol:

Haha!! See my first bond was a nightmare although we were prepared today we wasn’t actually prepared for them to still be together a few hours later and be okay so we’re feeling a little cautious now opening that living room door :lol:

Boy buns don't tend to be as territorial as females so there shouldn't be too much of an issue with Willow using Bailey's hideys etc when you open up the space for them. If it were a Male coming into a female's territory I would be more cautious.

They do seem to be getting on very well [emoji3]

Fabulous so you think to just open the living room door and be free so to speak? We are both obviously home right now anyway and I’m happy to stay on the sofa for the night or even two just to ensure.

Her pen/crate is in there too but obviously we’d close that up etc x

I think when its that harmonious you don't need to follow rules much. My first bond I already had Angel, got Ralph from a sanctuary & plonked them directly in her space (free roaming house bun) & it was perfect. They were dated at rescue & obv going to get on well (as total novice I could see that)

Joey was also brought home & plonked in his new wifes space from the get go & it was fine.

Obviously you'll be keeping a close eye on them. If you were feeling cautious you cold remove the crate

Well us humans we’ve got brave, we’ve opened the living room door!!

There’s been a bit of chasing and fur pulling (nothing serious) and I think it’s more because Bailey wants to sit and groom whereas Willow is in new territory and is obviously excited for the extra space, new smells etc so she’s quite excited hopping about and I think he’s just getting a bit frustrated she’s not paying him attention

He has however groomed her and he has him very fleetingly :lol:

She’s still exploring but Bailey has laid down

Though he does keep sticking his head under her tail which obviously with her being spayed we are a little cautious off, but they just chase a little bit. (although saying that her stitches have been taken out when we went to the emergency vet)

So I think it’s not going bad by these signs?

Last edited:
Back