Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New bond - U/D with photos, bond starts tomorrow!!!

Wise Old Thumper

They look so bonded you can more or less let them have the space you want them to have. I really can't see them falling out now.

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    They look so bonded you can more or less let them have the space you want them to have. I really can't see them falling out now.

Even though it’s only been a couple of hours? There’s been a lot of grooming, flopping and they’ve eaten hay etc we are just all cramped down the hallway
    My only concern is Bailey is free roam so they have run of the house (apart from the bedroom thanks to a mattress being chewed

So obviously in the living room there’s hidey holes, hay boxes toys etc which are Baileys and which could cause territorial behaviour over?

I’m so thrown off by this as there’s been little chasing, and it’s all been laying, sleeping and eating

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    beautiful if only all bunnies bonded so easily. Obviously meant to be
    Tell me about it! Bailey and my female before she was a nightmare to bond we had to do short dates etc and gradually increase as she just wouldn’t settle and that took a couple weeks as Harley just wouldn’t settle with him and they fought all the time, even living side by side

This has thrown me out completely because now we are all stuck down the hallway

i agree with tonibun, they'll be fine. Love at first sight bunnies My first bond was like this, my second was a bit of an eye opener

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Boy buns don't tend to be as territorial as females so there shouldn't be too much of an issue with Willow using Bailey's hideys etc when you open up the space for them. If it were a Male coming into a female's territory I would be more cautious.

They do seem to be getting on very well

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by joey&boo View Post
    i agree with tonibun, they'll be fine. Love at first sight bunnies My first bond was like this, my second was a bit of an eye opener

Haha!! See my first bond was a nightmare although we were prepared today we wasn’t actually prepared for them to still be together a few hours later and be okay so we’re feeling a little cautious now opening that living room door

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Boy buns don't tend to be as territorial as females so there shouldn't be too much of an issue with Willow using Bailey's hideys etc when you open up the space for them. If it were a Male coming into a female's territory I would be more cautious.

They do seem to be getting on very well

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Fabulous so you think to just open the living room door and be free so to speak? We are both obviously home right now anyway and I’m happy to stay on the sofa for the night or even two just to ensure.

Her pen/crate is in there too but obviously we’d close that up etc x

I think when its that harmonious you don't need to follow rules much. My first bond I already had Angel, got Ralph from a sanctuary & plonked them directly in her space (free roaming house bun) & it was perfect. They were dated at rescue & obv going to get on well (as total novice I could see that)

Joey was also brought home & plonked in his new wifes space from the get go & it was fine.

Obviously you'll be keeping a close eye on them. If you were feeling cautious you cold remove the crate

could remove the crate, not cold

Warren Scout

Well us humans we’ve got brave, we’ve opened the living room door!!

There’s been a bit of chasing and fur pulling (nothing serious) and I think it’s more because Bailey wants to sit and groom whereas Willow is in new territory and is obviously excited for the extra space, new smells etc so she’s quite excited hopping about and I think he’s just getting a bit frustrated she’s not paying him attention

He has however groomed her and he has him very fleetingly

She’s still exploring but Bailey has laid down

Though he does keep sticking his head under her tail which obviously with her being spayed we are a little cautious off, but they just chase a little bit. (although saying that her stitches have been taken out when we went to the emergency vet)

So I think it’s not going bad by these signs?
    Last edited by FireRose; 07-04-2020 at 07:09 PM.