Thread: Male Bunny doing strange stretch

Default Male Bunny doing strange stretch

Hi!

I am new here so hope I am doing this right!

I have two 16 week old mini lop bunnies one male(Duba) and one female (Bella). They have been separated since we brought them home around 3 days apart but did bond together and spend time with us from 8-10 weeks and are caged next to each other. We are hoping to bond them as soon as we can but the vets are not taking any non emergency procedures due to the crazy world at the minute so they will have to wait a little longer!

Anyway..!

Duba has occasionally done a strange stretch where he sits up a little hunched yawns and then his fur sort of shudders/ripples. I have not managed to find anything similar online other than ?gut pain. He is absolutely fine in himself eating normally, normal droppings and exercising and playing fine. No other signs of pain that I am aware of. I tried some gut massage on him yesterday. I have also heard that baby wind relief drops may help but wanted to wait and ask the vet about that first. He does it roughly once a day that we see. They are housed in our conservatory and I have been working from home/ waiting to start a new job since we brought them home so have observed a lot of their behaviour.

Anyone any ideas what this may be?

Thank You!

Wise Old Thumper

Apologies for your post being overlooked. I personally have no idea why your bunny does this. How often does it happen?

Wise Old Thumper

It's quite hard to picture this and I don't think I've seen anything like it before. However, the fact that he yawns first would make me suspect that it's part of rousing himself from resting and I would be watching carefully his behaviour prior to this happening eg does he look sleepy. I would also be reassured that he seems fine in himself.

It doesn't sound to me as though he has gut pain from his general behaviour. It's probably a case of wait and observe carefully for any other symptoms.

if I'm picturing it right, its just a yawn and a stretch from laying down I've seen Luna do something similar, its just how bunnies wake themselves. all do it differently!

It's sounds very similar to how my bunny Treacle stretches and yawns, she stretches up so her front paws just leave the ground. If he's fine in himself, I wouldn't worry too much, but as always keep an eye out for changes.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Hi, it happens around once a day or that’s as much as i am noticing him doing it anyway!