Thread: Lionhead bald patch?

Default Lionhead bald patch?

Matt noticed a few days ago that Chibbs has what he describes as a bald patch. I've tried to get a picture of it: it looks like the fur between her shoulders is thinner and she doesn't have the underfluff she has elsewhere or that our non-lionhead rabbits have/have had in the same place. As we've never really had experience with lionheads before, is this normal? She's otherwise fine and normal for Chibbs

(Google photos link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/kWsEhjXZTjCKeYuC6)

We've not got any explanation for this patch: Lopsy hasn't attacked her, mounted her (she's been the one doing the mounting ;P) or anything like that, and I don't think she's get caught anywhere that could cause such a patch.
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Wise Old Thumper

It looks just the way her mane falls when she puts her head down. From the photo I cant see anything amiss Have you checked the area for any signs on dandruff which could indicate fur mites. Although I would be surprised if that were to be a problem x
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Thanks Jane Yes, her skin seems fine although a bit dry (I've noticed Lopsy's goes a bit dry when he's moulting, so I assume it's the same thing as she's moulting a bit), but no scurf, flakes or anything indicative of dandruff. I couldn't see that it was weird except that it was unusual compared to non-lionheads! At least Matt lets me know when he thinks something might be up, so I can rely on him as an extra set of eyes/ears

We're wondering when her ear fur will grow back (from the catheter), although one bald ear is quite useful for spotting her as it turns out she's camouflaged in all the areas we have! She hides in plain sight XD I totally failed to see her sitting in the run the other day! That white paw and nose is really useful
    The geeky one...

Is it the bare patch between her ears rather than where the fur has parted on her neck that you are talking about? I don’t know what could have caused it I’m afraid.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Could Lopsy be over grooming her ?
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Is it the bare patch between her ears rather than where the fur has parted on her neck that you are talking about? I donít know what could have caused it Iím afraid.
    No, between her shoulderblades: one of her ears is bald where she had a catheter but that's all. It is just an odd parting, isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Could Lopsy be over grooming her ?
    Very unlikely! He's never treated his girls very well, he might be bottom bun in the pile but he gets lots of grooming XD I think he grooms Chibbs once a day and briefly at most; Aboleth got the same treatment, she was lucky is she got groomed more than 1min a week!
    The geeky one...