• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rupert.

Oooh- Ruperts a foodie. I could always send Lillian over for a few days to bring him in check. There aren’t many who can put scoff Lillian.:lol:

Ha ha I think Susan could maybe give Lillian a run for her money. She is quite relentless and has the size to prove it. At least Lillian looks bunny shaped - Susan looks square!

Yesterday I got in from work and Rupert had gone! I tried calling him (he does come to his name) but to no avail. I checked all his usual places, in the wood pile, on the dining chairs, in his litter box, in his bed, nothing. Then I noticed the stairs door open. Rupert was found fast asleep on my grandsons cot bed with Izzy cat!

Fast forward ti 4.37am this morning - I could hear a very odd noise. Rupert had come upstairs again and was eating dried cat food! (email sent to the vet) Rupert shoo-ed downstairs. I went back to bed and fretted.

I have no idea how he is opening the door, the door opens towards him and is up a step. The catflap is blocked off - all i can think is the cat is pushing it open and they are working together to open it.

Think I should change this thread to be called "the naughtiness of Rupert" he certainly keeps me on my toes.

Oh Rupert you have made me laugh, thank you (well not the cat food bit) :D I now have an image of him and the cat working together to open the cat flap while you sleep :lol::lol: sounds like they are pals now :D

Yesterday I got in from work and Rupert had gone! I tried calling him (he does come to his name) but to no avail. I checked all his usual places, in the wood pile, on the dining chairs, in his litter box, in his bed, nothing. Then I noticed the stairs door open. Rupert was found fast asleep on my grandsons cot bed with Izzy cat!

Fast forward ti 4.37am this morning - I could hear a very odd noise. Rupert had come upstairs again and was eating dried cat food! (email sent to the vet) Rupert shoo-ed downstairs. I went back to bed and fretted.

I have no idea how he is opening the door, the door opens towards him and is up a step. The catflap is blocked off - all i can think is the cat is pushing it open and they are working together to open it.

Think I should change this thread to be called "the naughtiness of Rupert" he certainly keeps me on my toes.

:lol: My bridge bunny, Boots, always used to make a beeline for the dried cat food :roll::lol: it never seemed to affect him but I kept it out of the way when he was free ranging. My cat is terrified of rabbits though :lol:

You might need a hook on the door :thumb::lol:

I have been out into the garden and found an old baby gate, maybe that will be the way forward with the stairs door - I have no idea how he could physically pull the door - it is impossible for him. It must be a combination of the cat pushing and then Rupert moving the door with his head.

Yes I could do with a bottle of Valium.

I have been out into the garden and found an old baby gate, maybe that will be the way forward with the stairs door - I have no idea how he could physically pull the door - it is impossible for him. It must be a combination of the cat pushing and then Rupert moving the door with his head.

Yes I could do with a bottle of Valium.

you need a bunnycam :lol:

Back