Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Bunny a Day to Try to Keep Covid 19 Away-U/D 28th March

Wise Old Thumper

She's gorgeous Beautiful speckledy ears

Maya was beautiful

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

She and all your bunnies appear very healthy and content. Another pretty bunny .

Today's Bunny is 'Victoria Meldrew'. The name was given as when I adopted her she was VERY aggressive. But that was 100% due to the dreadful life she had. She was only three and had spent her entire life confined to a 4 foot hutch, only removed to be mated She was found to have Uterine Cancer and Mammary tumours, exceptionally sore feet and deformed front legs. We discussed PTS but my Vet (whom I trust 100%) said she thought we should give her a chance. So began many months of treatment, including blood tests, chest Xray ( all OK ) then a spay and a total mastectomy. She was on heavy duty analgesia and antibiotics for her sore, infected feet. Eventually she had to have 2 toes amputated. I expect many reading this will think it was cruel to put her through so much, BUT as each day passed she became more and more friendly, loved her food and loved attention from me. Her eyes came to life, she was a happy Bunny She remained on treatment for the rest of her life, which in total was about a further 18 months. Eventually we had to let her go when one of her sore hocks became infected including bone infection (osteomyelitis). Medication was not able to keep her comfortable. In a smaller, healthier Bunny limb amputation may have been an option. But this was not appropriate for VM. My Vet came out and helped her to the Bridge and she passed peacefully at home after a huge plate full of her favorite food. I am glad that I was able to give her 18 months of love and care after her previous neglect.

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

She was beautiful I’m so glad she got to experience love and a happy home

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Today's Bunny is 'Victoria Meldrew'. The name was given as when I adopted her she was VERY aggressive. But that was 100% due to the dreadful life she had. She was only three and had spent her entire life confined to a 4 foot hutch, only removed to be mated She was found to have Uterine Cancer and Mammary tumours, exceptionally sore feet and deformed front legs. We discussed PTS but my Vet (whom I trust 100%) said she thought we should give her a chance. So began many months of treatment, including blood tests, chest Xray ( all OK ) then a spay and a total mastectomy. She was on heavy duty analgesia and antibiotics for her sore, infected feet. Eventually she had to have 2 toes amputated. I expect many reading this will think it was cruel to put her through so much, BUT as each day passed she became more and more friendly, loved her food and loved attention from me. Her eyes came to life, she was a happy Bunny She remained on treatment for the rest of her life, which in total was about a further 18 months. Eventually we had to let her go when one of her sore hocks became infected including bone infection (osteomyelitis). Medication was not able to keep her comfortable. In a smaller, healthier Bunny limb amputation may have been an option. But this was not appropriate for VM. My Vet came out and helped her to the Bridge and she passed peacefully at home after a huge plate full of her favorite food. I am glad that I was able to give her 18 months of love and care after her previous neglect.

She was lucky to have you to give her the life she deserved. Lovely bunny.

Awwww you gave her a chance of life, happiness, love and great care. Xxx

Old Bill was an ARC Rescue, he was estimated to be about 8-9 years of age. He was found by the Police in the back garden of a house when they were called to a 'Death at Home'. (Hence the 'Old Bill' name ! ) He was in a very poor state health wise-a testicular tumour, severe dental disease, felts of fur and feces stuck all around his bum and covered with mites I was asked to care for him and over a period of several months our wonderful Vet managed to get Old Bill into a much healthier state. He was a lovely chap and he lived to be about 10-11, he was bonded with an Orange Mini Rex Doe called Lara

Last edited by Jack's-Jane; 26-03-2020 at 05:34 AM. Reason: spelling

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

He was very handsome

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    He was very handsome
    He was a lovely, gentle old boy