• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Bunny a Day to Try to Keep Covid 19 Away-U/D 28th March

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
On this thread I will post a photo every day of my past or present Bunnies. I know many of you may well have seen the Bunnies before, but I hope you will still enjoy looking at them again :), a short distraction from the nightmare we are all living through at the moment.

Today's pic is actually three Bunnies, my first ever Rabbits. Bought on a whim from Petsmart ( now Pets at Home) in January of 1998. I had never had Rabbits before in my life and knew absolutely nothing about them. I had not even gone in to the store to buy Rabbits but to buy Dog Biscuits !

The rest, as they say, is history

pf8QVm2.png

Last edited:
Today's Bunny is 'Victoria Meldrew'. The name was given as when I adopted her she was VERY aggressive. But that was 100% due to the dreadful life she had. She was only three and had spent her entire life confined to a 4 foot hutch, only removed to be mated :cry: She was found to have Uterine Cancer and Mammary tumours, exceptionally sore feet and deformed front legs. We discussed PTS but my Vet (whom I trust 100%) said she thought we should give her a chance. So began many months of treatment, including blood tests, chest Xray ( all OK ) then a spay and a total mastectomy. She was on heavy duty analgesia and antibiotics for her sore, infected feet. Eventually she had to have 2 toes amputated. I expect many reading this will think it was cruel to put her through so much, BUT as each day passed she became more and more friendly, loved her food and loved attention from me. Her eyes came to life, she was a happy Bunny :love: She remained on treatment for the rest of her life, which in total was about a further 18 months. Eventually we had to let her go when one of her sore hocks became infected including bone infection (osteomyelitis). Medication was not able to keep her comfortable. In a smaller, healthier Bunny limb amputation may have been an option. But this was not appropriate for VM. My Vet came out and helped her to the Bridge and she passed peacefully at home after a huge plate full of her favorite food. I am glad that I was able to give her 18 months of love and care after her previous neglect.

thdQHPm.jpg

Today's Bunny is 'Victoria Meldrew'. The name was given as when I adopted her she was VERY aggressive. But that was 100% due to the dreadful life she had. She was only three and had spent her entire life confined to a 4 foot hutch, only removed to be mated :cry: She was found to have Uterine Cancer and Mammary tumours, exceptionally sore feet and deformed front legs. We discussed PTS but my Vet (whom I trust 100%) said she thought we should give her a chance. So began many months of treatment, including blood tests, chest Xray ( all OK ) then a spay and a total mastectomy. She was on heavy duty analgesia and antibiotics for her sore, infected feet. Eventually she had to have 2 toes amputated. I expect many reading this will think it was cruel to put her through so much, BUT as each day passed she became more and more friendly, loved her food and loved attention from me. Her eyes came to life, she was a happy Bunny :love: She remained on treatment for the rest of her life, which in total was about a further 18 months. Eventually we had to let her go when one of her sore hocks became infected including bone infection (osteomyelitis). Medication was not able to keep her comfortable. In a smaller, healthier Bunny limb amputation may have been an option. But this was not appropriate for VM. My Vet came out and helped her to the Bridge and she passed peacefully at home after a huge plate full of her favorite food. I am glad that I was able to give her 18 months of love and care after her previous neglect.

thdQHPm.jpg

She was lucky to have you to give her the life she deserved. Lovely bunny.

Old Bill was an ARC Rescue, he was estimated to be about 8-9 years of age. He was found by the Police in the back garden of a house when they were called to a 'Death at Home'. (Hence the 'Old Bill' name ! ) He was in a very poor state health wise-a testicular tumour, severe dental disease, felts of fur and feces stuck all around his bum and covered with mites :cry: I was asked to care for him and over a period of several months our wonderful Vet managed to get Old Bill into a much healthier state. He was a lovely chap and he lived to be about 10-11, he was bonded with an Orange Mini Rex Doe called Lara :love:

un8r9Rv.jpg

Last edited:
Back