• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits sleep with their eyes open?

Definitely can! Snoopy does it a lot, especially when he's flopped out. I took this photo of my two last week. It looks like Snoopy's wide awake but he was actually fast asleep when I took this photo.
be1fb0005cf3c484fe942f66111cfe8d.jpg

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

All of mine have done, but not always :) Lopsy does, and you can walk right up to him (he's pretty deaf too) and he doesn't notice for ages now he's that much older :D The other day he almost slept through a feeding session so he must be getting old :lol:

Thanks. I can now conclusively state, Pickle snores!
I’m working from home at the kitchen table, near the rabbits. I heard this squeaky whining noise and after deciding that no one was cleaning the window, I wondered if I could hear one of next doors dogs whining. I followed my ears and discovered a Pickle! So cute!

I’m working from home at the kitchen table, near the rabbits. I heard this squeaky whining noise and after deciding that no one was cleaning the window, I wondered if I could hear one of next doors dogs whining. I followed my ears and discovered a Pickle! So cute!

both my girls snore :love: how amazing are bunnies that even their snoring is cute. All my bunnies sleep with open eyes, some more than others. Nose twitching is a better way to determine if they are awake. It makes me giggle that rabbits sleep with open eyes (presumably to look more alert than they are) but when they dream they loll & twitch all over the place

:lol: :lol: :lol: :love:

Back