• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Albino Bunny health

Grunting can be a sign of wanting to be mated so maybe your female isn't spayed? This could be causing stress for both the rabbits hence the mites, if that is what it is. Also being cooped up in a smallish hutch will cause problems . I hope you can resolve this problem. There is some excellent advice on the Rabbit Welfare Association's website if you have not yet come across it. You can buy Advantage from the Pet shop which is a spot-on treatment.

Thanks for the posts. As above, both rabbits are neutered. They just grunt when we feed them in the morning, I think they were not amused when we tried to put the hay back inside the hutch and thats what a lot of the grunting was about, so we gave up on that. Yeah maybe they are just fed up with the rubbish weather and being stuck inside, like all of us! I will check out the Rabbit Welfare Association website, thank you.

Back