Thread: Rabbit goes off food every few days

Young Bun

Default Rabbit goes off food every few days

Hi, every 2 - 3 days my 10 year old rabbit goes of her food, refuses everything including treats, veg, grass etc. She sits doing the rabbit press ups, breathing very quickly looking sad and does the occasional squeak. This lasts 4-6 hours and then she is suddenly fine! I thought maybe she has arthritis so has had metacam every day for a few weeks but it hasn't made any difference. Anyone got any ideas?? I have not changed her diet or anything, she is in the same room of the house, no changes have happened... vets haven't really helped, they just say shes old and that I need to consider letting her go... but she's fine majority of the time! Even binkys....
    Lulu and Lola

Wise Old Thumper

Is she drinking and weeing normally ?

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

Young Bun

She was eating, drinking and using litter tray fine up until she started the episode. I have not seen her go to the loo or her water bowl since about 2. She does moult constantly so I am wondering if she has eaten a lot of fur, its just strange that she goes like this every few days and has done for a while now. Always lasts 4-6 hours then shes fine. She does seem a bit wobbly as well and throws her legs out behind her but then sits up again and then lies down, shes really fidgety.
    Lulu and Lola

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by wabbit118 View Post
    She was eating, drinking and using litter tray fine up until she started the episode. I have not seen her go to the loo or her water bowl since about 2. She does moult constantly so I am wondering if she has eaten a lot of fur, its just strange that she goes like this every few days and has done for a while now. Always lasts 4-6 hours then shes fine. She does seem a bit wobbly as well and throws her legs out behind her but then sits up again and then lies down, shes really fidgety.
    It sounds as though she is still in pain, despite being on Metacam. Did the Vet suggest running a full blood profile, especially looking for any problems with her renal function ?

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    It sounds as though she is still in pain, despite being on Metacam. Did the Vet suggest running a full blood profile, especially looking for any problems with her renal function ?
    I've just given her a belly massage which I think helped and got her to move around abit and shes just eaten a treat. Its just so strange!! No the vet hasn't suggested that. She checked her teeth and felt her belly, I suggested she might have arthritis and they agreed it's possible 🤷🏼*♀️
    Lulu and Lola

Young Bun

Shes just hopped in her toilet! Again though it's still followed the 4-6 hour trend...
    Lulu and Lola