• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Clementine, splats

Graciee

Staff member
So Idk if its a one off or I'm doing something really wrong.. But Clementine had produced similar splats to what Atticus does this morning :( seems fine in herself, eating etc atm, but Idk why they happen? Or what changed?

Her diets the same so I'm really confused! Anyone got any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Are the splats unformed cecotrophs of soft fecal poo ?
I'm gunna guess unformed cecotrophs for Clementine. Atticus I have no clue honestly never have done. She only produced maybe
3 over night so wasn't like what Atticus produces [emoji38]

I'm gunna guess unformed cecotrophs for Clementine. Atticus I have no clue honestly never have done. She only produced maybe
3 over night so wasn't like what Atticus produces [emoji38]

If it's just a one off then I would not worry too much. Not sure if you feed her pellets but if so I'd withhold them for 24 hours and just give hay and water. Some bramble leaves could be useful, if you can access any. Dried would be OK x

If it's just a one off then I would not worry too much. Not sure if you feed her pellets but if so I'd withhold them for 24 hours and just give hay and water. Some bramble leaves could be useful, if you can access any. Dried would be OK x

Nope, she doesn't get any pellets, just hay and veg.. Last thing she needs is pellets [emoji38][emoji38] I shouldn't fat shame her, she'll sit on me later [emoji38]

She had some kale bits earlier and hasn't been unwell since, think it's okay to give her, her nightly veg? We give her a fair amount per day because she doesn't drink enough, with what she drinks plus the veg it seems to keep things ticking over etc. I can get her some brambles although I'm not sure she'll actually eat them.. She's actually really picky, I'll try tho, thanks :) x

Nope, she doesn't get any pellets, just hay and veg.. Last thing she needs is pellets [emoji38][emoji38] I shouldn't fat shame her, she'll sit on me later [emoji38]

She had some kale bits earlier and hasn't been unwell since, think it's okay to give her, her nightly veg? We give her a fair amount per day because she doesn't drink enough, with what she drinks plus the veg it seems to keep things ticking over etc. I can get her some brambles although I'm not sure she'll actually eat them.. She's actually really picky, I'll try tho, thanks :) x

Maybe give her a much smaller portion of veg than she'd usually have then. Hope that the splats were a one off event and that there will be no more overnight xx

Sending vibes that it is nothing serious.

Hope Clem is back to normal this morning. Is she moulting? I've had/got buns which have never drank a lot but live till a good age and don't get a lot of veg either.

Maybe give her a much smaller portion of veg than she'd usually have then. Hope that the splats were a one off event and that there will be no more overnight xx
We gave her less, and no more splats, we'll put it back to normal today and see, but hopefully was a one off! thanks :) x
Sending vibes that it is nothing serious.
Thanks x

Hope Clem is back to normal this morning. Is she moulting? I've had/got buns which have never drank a lot but live till a good age and don't get a lot of veg either.
Yep not had anymore splats overnight so that's good :D she is moulting atm a little bit, we are grooming her daily atm as I really don't want her ingesting it, altho it's inevitable. She always gets stasis when moulting :(

Issue we have is she has bladder sludge, so she really needs to get fluid in to flush it all out, we don't know why but she seems to suffer with it, so not getting her veg really isn't an option, we've got it to a fine balance where she's off the daily diuretic now and I really don't wanna have to put her back on it because my Vet said long term it wouldn't be good for her body.

Yep not had anymore splats overnight so that's good :D she is moulting atm a little bit, we are grooming her daily atm as I really don't want her ingesting it, altho it's inevitable. She always gets stasis when moulting :(

Issue we have is she has bladder sludge, so she really needs to get fluid in to flush it all out, we don't know why but she seems to suffer with it, so not getting her veg really isn't an option, we've got it to a fine balance where she's off the daily diuretic now and I really don't wanna have to put her back on it because my Vet said long term it wouldn't be good for her body.

Your bunnies are Gorgeous! :love::love:

Oh dear, I hope Clementine is ok. Very occasionally I've woken up to find somebun has left a splat overnight. It's a mystery because, as with Clementine, I don't make major changes to their diet. In this house, they're known as fizzy bum episodes.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Awh thanks :)

Unfortunately another splat :( she's also refusing broccoli :/ eating a little kale currently... Timing is just not good as per!

Bunnies do like to keep us on our feet, and you sb off yours atm. Sending you all some positive vibes. Would sub q fluids help her flush any sludge?

Could her bladder be full of thick sludge again and therefore constantly larger than it should be and affecting the functioning of her GI tract ?

Could her bladder be full of thick sludge again and therefore constantly larger than it should be and affecting the functioning of her GI tract ?
Potentially I guess! Only way to find out is an xray. Although she never had these issues before when it was actually full of sludge so Idk.. Tricky one tbh we've got smaller darker poops too now.. She's moulting, she always gets stasis when she moults :(

And she's been nesting since this morning, pretty hardcore nesting too :( wouldn't even take a treat, she wanted to, but wouldn't drop the hay in her mouth, she took the treat with the hay in her mouth still, but then couldn't eat it, as again, wouldn't let go of the hay :(

And she's been nesting since this morning, pretty hardcore nesting too :( wouldn't even take a treat, she wanted to, but wouldn't drop the hay in her mouth, she took the treat with the hay in her mouth still, but then couldn't eat it, as again, wouldn't let go of the hay :(

Poor girl :cry:

Back