Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rat getting inside shed

Can you bring piggies and bunny to live in the house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhm. Once this winter my free range house rabbits started to thump in the middle of the night, I donned gloves and winter gear and cought that rat. Giving ground is imho not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    if you want to trap it these live traps are very good. I caught 12 last year (& released a couple of miles away.
    use peanut butter as bait.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/35296710991...SABEgKVtfD_BwE

They love peanut butter, but have you ever caught a rat or mouse in a human trap? Because with all the ones I've caught, none of them every were silly enough to go into the humane traps

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    They love peanut butter, but have you ever caught a rat or mouse in a human trap? Because with all the ones I've caught, none of them every were silly enough to go into the humane traps

I caught 12 or 13 last year with that same trap they were creating havoc under my floorboards.
    I think one trick is to wear gloves while handling the trap so they don't smell humans. also they just can't resist peanut butter
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

I caught 12 or 13 last year with that same trap they were creating havoc under my floorboards.
    I think one trick is to wear gloves while handling the trap so they don't smell humans. also they just can't resist peanut butter
    I'm wondering if London mice are smarter.. Hear me out

So at my parents - London Borough but it's greater London, we don't bother, they aren't in the house, they are just field mice and tbh they're very sweet I reckon I could trap them, not that I want to.

But when I lived in more central London the ones there were ridiculous! They seemed to be super mice, they were impossible to catch! I tried everything! Peanut butter would go, but the traps would be empty

I'm wondering if London mice are smarter.. Hear me out

So at my parents - London Borough but it's greater London, we don't bother, they aren't in the house, they are just field mice and tbh they're very sweet I reckon I could trap them, not that I want to.

But when I lived in more central London the ones there were ridiculous! They seemed to be super mice, they were impossible to catch! I tried everything! Peanut butter would go, but the traps would be empty

haha.
    we've had mice here in the past but easy to catch with the humane traps. pretty much a mouse a night per trap.
    not so clever at avoiding being caught but very clever at picking their favourite crisps. I can't remember exactly what flavour they preferred, but they could tell which of the packets in a multi-pack they were (through the individual packet) and always went for those first
    it was fun having them at first but soon became a bit of a nuisance. one actually ran up the inside of my ex's trouser legs one time.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

haha.
    we've had mice here in the past but easy to catch with the humane traps. pretty much a mouse a night per trap.
    not so clever at avoiding being caught but very clever at picking their favourite crisps. I can't remember exactly what flavour they preferred, but they could tell which of the packets in a multi-pack they were (through the individual packet) and always went for those first
    it was fun having them at first but soon became a bit of a nuisance. one actually ran up the inside of my ex's trouser legs one time.
    Omg I'd have freaked out first time I knew we had mice I was standing in the kitchen in the flat (it was above a kebab shop... Looking back Idk what I was thinking except affordable ) and this furry brown thing shot across the floor in front of me and I screamed so loud my boyfriend thought I was being murdered came running in with a baseball bat

They were smart tho, a loaf of bread on the counter, tiny hole you couldn't see, ends of the bread untouched, hollow in the middle of each slice though!

Default Rat getting inside shed

We had mice before and the only thing they would eat was proper Nutella! They were absolutely not interested in the cheaper Aldi version but as soon as the proper stuff went down they couldn’t stay away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mice literally pee everywhere,they have such fast metabolisms.They can carry salmonela.I have one that hangs around the garden,looks like a field mouse,comes out in daytime.It makes a temporary nest under the wheelie bins,where it stashes peanuts that I chuck out for the squirrels.

We have rats under the rabbits shed. Put a humane trap down. No takers. It has been down for a couple of weeks in various locations.

Pest control not operating due to covid19.