• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rat getting inside shed

Well mr ratty is still enjoying his nightly meetings with my guinea pigs inside their cage.
Something has to be done for the safety of my dog, rabbits and guineas.
My new neighbour is ex gamekeeper and hes noticed rats in his shed too so has put down some traps. Im hoping these will solve the issue. He said it was unsafe for me to lay traps due to having a dog.

I hope your neighbour can resolve the issue, an gamekeeper should be used to dealing with unwanted rodents

Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

My wee garden mouse was out and about this morning.It travels up behind all my garden tubs to near the door.Chucked some peanuts in the shell out,and it ran off with one .I think it has a nest under a hedge,it always goes back there.Too cute.So my peanut gang is growing.Wood pigeons,squirrels ,crows and wee mouse.:)

We have rats under the rabbits shed. Put a humane trap down. No takers. It has been down for a couple of weeks in various locations.

Pest control not operating due to covid19.

try changing bait to something different. Also don't handle the trap with bare hands ..... they will be deterred by human smells

It is a rat sized trap? Not mouse size?

The only "humane" (I dont think it is) trap I had success with catching rats was a big 1.2m marten trap, with 2 doors. Rats are clever, going into a dead end isn't something they do easily.

Back