• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forgot how stressful bonding is...

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
I’m currently attempting my first bunny bond for years - 7 year old Wotsit and 4 year old Bear, both mini lops. They’ve been together since Thursday afternoon, as I’m in isolation for the foreseeable so I figured I may as well use the time to bond :lol:

They’ve done really well, but every few hours Bear starts obsessively humping Wotsit and it’s driving me mad :lol: I know it’s totally normal, and she’s tolerating it for the most part, but he keeps going for her head so I have to stay up all night/watch them like a hawk so that she doesn’t castrate him :oops: 99% of the time they’re just eating and snuggling, but if he won’t stop with the humping I don’t know when I’ll be able to comfortably leave them together.

No point to this post, I just forgot how stressful bunny bonding is :lol:

Oh & I only came out of hospital on Monday with bone marrow failure, so staying up all night isn’t fun right now :( My own fault for getting overexcited & deciding to bond so soon :lol:

Last edited:
Wotsit awwww. Hope the bond goes smoothly. Piccies needed!

I’ll have to try and figure out how to do it now... it’s been a while!

Bear is being awful this evening... after a whole day of nothing but snuggling, at about half 5 he turned into a demon and won’t let Wotsit move with circling her, honking, obsessively humping and demanding to be groomed. Wotsit is grooming him and behaving totally normally so I just don’t know why he’s doing this every evening :cry:

I hope that things start to settle soon. I think bonding is stressful enough on its own without you having been ill too. Sending hugs and calming vibes xx

He’s still doing it this morning and I’m considering separating them. I don’t understand how they can go from constantly snuggling to him suddenly being the rabbit from hell :lol: it’s not fair on Wotsit to not even be allowed to move. He’s making SO much noise as well, grunting and honking, I’ve never heard anything like it! It’s making me wonder if the vet left something behind when he was neutered...

It usually takes a few days before they settle down. I hope you have a successful bond then you can rest a bit more.

I'm with you 100% and going through the same scenario with my two rabbits. The male, Leo is non stup attempting to hump. There are periods of calm but my female is just not getting any peace or allowed even to go to the toilet without being constantly pestered. Our female is also being treated for a UTI for the last few days - which may or may not be as a result of this constant huming by our new male. So I'm with you all the way on this and know exacty how you feel.
Hugs and I hope things settle down soon for your bunnies. xx

Back