• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fighting Brothers

Kitty123

New Kit
Hi, our 2 buns are brothers and were very happy together til hormones kicked in. We then separated them when they started fighting and one bit the others ear. They have been separated but with the ability to still see and smell each other. A week and a half ago they were neutered and we are hoping to reintroduce them to living together. Our first attempt to give them some time together did not go well, one started humping the others face which then led to attempts to start fighting which we managed to cut short and reinstall the barrier. Any advice on the best way and time to do this? And can anyone give me hope that we will be able to get them to live together again?

I got my fighting brothers together again. Kept them well away from each other for six weeks then added in a bonded pair of does and now have a very happy quad!

Spring is a harder time to bond as hormones are stronger than in autumn or even late summer.

Best of luck.

You will need to keep them separate for about 2 months then put them together in a small neutral space, but there is no guarantee they will get on with one another. You might be lucky as a lot depends on personalities as well.

I agree with the advice that’s been given :thumb: fingers crossed for you :thumb:

So things were going well. Having waited over 6 weeks we started gradually building up time with them together in a neutral space. We had then out for hours and all was good. Then we had a few days where the weather was bad so we didn't put them in together tho they can always see, smell and touch each other where they are. When we put them in together yesterday they were jumping around and pulling tufts of hair out of each other. Neither is injured and we are not sure if this was fighting. However we put them together again today, and the more nervous rabbit thumps when he smells the other rabbit. We felt we were almost ready to put them permanently back together to live outside but now feels like a big step backwards. Any ideas or thoughts?

Back