• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sally 04 October 2008 to Friday 20 March 2020

cashmincal

Wise Old Thumper
Today my beautiful greyhound Sally had to over the bridge after a short battle with cancer..
She lost all her weight and condition and was a shell of herself.
I asked her if she had had enough and she stared right into my soul..I have Mum..I have.

I adopted Sally or Sal as the kennels called her September 2013. She was not even supposed to be shown to us. We asked for a longterm resident and out come Sally..

We liked her and she liked us. After a successful home check she was collected. At the time the kennels said she was taken out by mistake and she has issues and she is nervous, scared and going to be hard work. You can any girl they said. No. Sally needs a chance outside kennels and real life. I think they had long given up really ever finding her a home.

Home she came. And yes Sally had nervous issues and I worked with her to overcome them. The greyhound god gives me the girls that are not easy and perhaps that's a thing.

Sally loved the beach. Running loose on a sheltered enclosured beach, spinnies with me, sunshine. We had plenty of adventures we did. She enjoyed sausages and out of all the greyhounds had the most open palate.

She was lazy but loved an adventure. She was grumpy but lovely. She will be missed.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sally
e017bd712b33811206c7d00701aa0668.jpg
3d62271063d2075a2570f38ff188df4c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry you've had to say goodbye to Sally, sounds like she had a lovely life with you xx

I'm so sorry. What an amazing life you gave her. I'm glad her illness was short. Sweet dreams gorgeous Sally . Hugs for you xxx

I'm so sorry you lost Sally. You gave her the life that she truly deserved - love, warmth, and everything she could have wanted.
Hugs to you. xx

I’m very sorry you’ve lost your Sally. :cry: It sounds as though you had some wonderful times together.

Oh Claire, I am sorry to hear you had to let Sally go, I remember when you got her. What a lovely life you gave her.

Big big hugs xxx

I'm so sorry to read this news :cry: I feel heartbroken for you :cry: Your dogs have such a special, safe and wonderful home with you and she would have known that. Sending you lots of hugs.

Claire I did not see this thread until now. I am so very sorry for your loss :cry: Sally was so beautiful and you must be devastated by her passing :cry: Sending you many hugs

RIP Sally xx

Back