• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit food

Hi! So because of recent events I’m really struggling to get rabbit food. It’s sold out everywhere and I’m starting to run low. If the worst scenario happens, what should I feed my rabbit if I can’t get any? Thanks!

Hi! So because of recent events I’m really struggling to get rabbit food. It’s sold out everywhere and I’m starting to run low. If the worst scenario happens, what should I feed my rabbit if I can’t get any? Thanks!

What sort of rabbit food are you unable to get? What does your rabbit normally eat?

Hi Beth, What food do you rabbits normally have? Worst case scenario isn't too bad in my opinion- I think foraging is the way to go. If its new to you we'll be happy to help & advise you in identifying safe plants. In the meantime you can't go wrong with grass (pulled not mowed) & dandelions

Hi Beth

I don't know if you've tried them yet, but you might be able to get some food from the hay experts.co.uk

Predictably quite a few bits have sold out, but you should be able to get some hay. I've also just done a quick search on the site for Excel adult nuggets and it's not showing as sold out. I was able to get onto the site without issue, whereas when I checked the Pets at Home website, I was immediately put in a 15 min queue just to access the site!

Incidentally, I placed an order with the Hay Experts yesterday and I got an email this afternoon saying my order has shipped.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I'd second hayexperts.co.uk....just bought some supplies from them today and found a few bit of food on their site - albeit they are a bit slow with dispatching items. I ordered something on Saturday and it appears they're only readying to dispatch it either today or tomorrow - this is me paying extra for first class delivery as well. Best to order asap

Hi everyone, thank you for the help. I’ve managed to order some pellets online so I should be okay for now. I’ve also got a garden full of grass that hasn’t been mowed in months so he’ll be able to have a feast. Thank you!

Hi everyone, thank you for the help. I’ve managed to order some pellets online so I should be okay for now. I’ve also got a garden full of grass that hasn’t been mowed in months so he’ll be able to have a feast. Thank you!

If your bun isn't used to fresh grass it's best if you introduce it gradually to avoid upsetting his tummy. Bunny tummies can be delicate so just a little of anything new to start with and then increase it slowly:)

If your bun isn't used to fresh grass it's best if you introduce it gradually to avoid upsetting his tummy. Bunny tummies can be delicate so just a little of anything new to start with and then increase it slowly:)

Don’t worry he loves grass :)) he waits by his bowl when he sees me because he knows I’ll be coming with grass

Back