Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fearghal- U/D 28th March 0030 hrs Post 94......

He's escaped and has been missing for over 24 hours. I have gutted the house and I cant find him

I am useless, this cage was bought with the best of intentions. The bar spacing was meant to be suitable for Dwarf Hamsters. Why did I believe it, I read that tanks did not provide adequate air circulation and could lead to RTIs. I am utterly devastated. I have hurt my back again in all my pulling out of kitchen cabinets etc and pulling skirting board away from walls. I can barely move. Now caring for my Rabbits is going to be so hard. It is all my fault

I will NEVER forgive myself for this

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

Oh no Robos are so tiny, it's not your fault he was able to escape.

I had a mouse escape once and was able to catch him when he came out for food.

I'm sure you'll find him. Could you make a bucket trap to catch him?

He might even go back to his cage all by himself, especially since he seemed to love it and it's a source of comfort, food, water for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    He's escaped and has been missing for over 24 hours. I have gutted the house and I cant find him

I am useless, this cage was bought with the best of intentions. The bar spacing was meant to be suitable for Dwarf Hamsters. Why did I believe it, I read that tanks did not provide adequate air circulation and could lead to RTIs. I am utterly devastated. I have hurt my back again in all my pulling out of kitchen cabinets etc and pulling skirting board away from walls. I can barely move. Now caring for my Rabbits is going to be so hard. It is all my fault

I will NEVER forgive myself for this

oh no! I am so sorry to read this . Hoping you get him back. xxx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Jane, Do not blame yourself. Hamsters are mini Houdinis when it comes to escape. She will come out when she is ready.
    When I was a child one of my hamsters was missing for three days and we thought it was gone for good. One night mum came to say goodnight to us in our attic bedroom when we heard scratching in the cubby hole used for storage and out ran Pinky. She was not easy to catch as she ran the maze around the overcrowded room of beds ,belongings and children.
    Seding vibes she will return soon. Hugs.

Wise Old Thumper

I'm really sorry It looked to be a super cage I hope that you are able to find him.

Wise Old Thumper

How awful. But you weren't to know. Like William says, put the cage where he can access it as he will get hungry. I do hope he turns up. I would be feeling the same if it happened to me.

Hope his tummy leads him home soon,

Mama Doe

I've had various tiny furry escapees over the years. They do reappear. I resort to live traps overnight these days, but leaving his familiar cage open may tempt him back, or things like cereal boxes along skirting boards or wherever he may be. Larger sheets of card (eg from delivery boxes) are useful to partition a room. Food has to be used as bait, so use sparingly to get him to come out or he will hoard it. If he is most active at night, try dotting the odd tiny bit around the room to see where he is hiding out, and work from there. Morse may also point you in his direction. Watch out for anything he may see as food or bedding, as his instinct will be to go for those.

I've had chipmunks and zebra mice out for a week in a house full of cats and still got them back safely. Don't give up - just give it time and be vigilant. You need to work out where he is and how you are going to capture him when he appears as he may be skittish.

Hugs, you’ll find him. Our hamsters were always escaping when I child. Showing I’m a child of the 70’s here my sister’s hamster went missing for a week. We eventually captured him when we discovered he’d made a nest next to the gas bottle in the calor gas heater in the lounge. I hope you find him soon and that your pain eases too x
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

you shouldn’t blame yourself I really hope you find him safe soon.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx