Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Fearghal- U/D 28th March 0030 hrs Post 94......

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    GOTCHA !!.........................................

WooHoo! Time for a Snoopy happy dance!

Fearghal's adorable ...looks like a wee Pokemon:

Must be such a relief for you as well, Jane.

I was in the kitchen making yet another cuppa when I felt something tickle my foot. I looked down and there he was climbing over my slipper ! I just bent down and grabbed him before he had a chance to do a runner. He did not scream or bite, he just gave me a filthy look !! The light was on in the kitchen, Morse had just walked through it to go into the garden and I was standing there waiting for the kettle to boil. Clearly none of those facts bothered Fearghal at all x
    Oh that's such good news. I'm so pleased he decided to brave the slipper and be found! Excellent. X

Wise Old Thumper

Best news!

Wise Old Thumper

I was in the kitchen making yet another cuppa when I felt something tickle my foot. I looked down and there he was climbing over my slipper Lucky!! I just bent down and grabbed him before he had a chance to do a runner. He did not scream or bite, he just gave me a filthy look !! The light was on in the kitchen, Morse had just walked through it to go into the garden and I was standing there waiting for the kettle to boil. Clearly none of those facts bothered Fearghal at all x
    Lucky! Have you put him back in the same cage and did you know how he escaped?

Wow well done for catching him!! I think zooplus has a good range of tank hamster cages, or it did a while back, I had one with a wire lid so plenty of ventilation

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! He's had a big adventure, but he's safe now. I wonder where he has been hiding out.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs
    Bruno hamster

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    Wow well done for catching him!! I think zooplus has a good range of tank hamster cages, or it did a while back, I had one with a wire lid so plenty of ventilation
    Yes, I can't remember the dimensions, but in the loft I have a Gabber Rex. I think they are rare as hens' teeth these days though.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Misty and Pearl guinea pigs
    Bruno hamster

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    Lucky! Have you put him back in the same cage and did you know how he escaped?
    Absolutely not. I am leaving him in the carrier until I can set up a temporary safe but too small for long term use cage.

I can only assume that his escape was made by him squeezing between the bars. He has some bald patches on his back which might have happened when he made his bid for freedom. He has no injuries though, thank goodness.

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Fantastic news! You must be so relieved. Well done little man for asking to be picked up.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe

The aviary cages I have for the chipmunks have bar spacing at 1cm, which is only just ok for adult chippies (sold as finch aviaries) but is the smallest available on commercial cages. Any deviation on the bars means they can escape eg from a waterbottle nozzle. I have put some much smaller mesh panels on any stretches that I can reasonably do (from Wickes) - mainly to stop the cats getting their claws & paws in when I had to split up the colony and had to use narrower cages. It more than doubled the cost of the cages, though, and is only practical on large rectangular areas - not something I would recommend for complicated shapes like Fearghal's.

I hope you find some appropriate housing for him soon. Maybe keep the carrier inside his old castle until then? It at least provides some level of extra security in the short-term.