• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fearghal- U/D 28th March 0030 hrs Post 94......

GOTCHA !!.........................................

8txpk0u.jpg

:D :love: :D :love: :D :love:

HOORAH! I'll make another cuppa to celebrate! :love::love:

How did you catch him?

I was in the kitchen making yet another cuppa when I felt something tickle my foot. I looked down and there he was climbing over my slipper ! I just bent down and grabbed him before he had a chance to do a runner. He did not scream or bite, he just gave me a filthy look !! The light was on in the kitchen, Morse had just walked through it to go into the garden and I was standing there waiting for the kettle to boil. Clearly none of those facts bothered Fearghal at all x

I was in the kitchen making yet another cuppa when I felt something tickle my foot. I looked down and there he was climbing over my slipper ! I just bent down and grabbed him before he had a chance to do a runner. He did not scream or bite, he just gave me a filthy look !! The light was on in the kitchen, Morse had just walked through it to go into the garden and I was standing there waiting for the kettle to boil. Clearly none of those facts bothered Fearghal at all x
Oh that's such good news. I'm so pleased he decided to brave the slipper and be found! Excellent. X

I was in the kitchen making yet another cuppa when I felt something tickle my foot. I looked down and there he was climbing over my slipper Lucky!! I just bent down and grabbed him before he had a chance to do a runner. He did not scream or bite, he just gave me a filthy look !! The light was on in the kitchen, Morse had just walked through it to go into the garden and I was standing there waiting for the kettle to boil. Clearly none of those facts bothered Fearghal at all x

Lucky! Have you put him back in the same cage and did you know how he escaped?

Wow well done for catching him!! :D I think zooplus has a good range of tank hamster cages, or it did a while back, I had one with a wire lid so plenty of ventilation

Yipppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! He's had a big adventure, but he's safe now. I wonder where he has been hiding out.

Wow well done for catching him!! :D I think zooplus has a good range of tank hamster cages, or it did a while back, I had one with a wire lid so plenty of ventilation

Yes, I can't remember the dimensions, but in the loft I have a Gabber Rex. I think they are rare as hens' teeth these days though.

Lucky! Have you put him back in the same cage and did you know how he escaped?

Absolutely not. I am leaving him in the carrier until I can set up a temporary safe but too small for long term use cage.

I can only assume that his escape was made by him squeezing between the bars. He has some bald patches on his back which might have happened when he made his bid for freedom. He has no injuries though, thank goodness.

The aviary cages I have for the chipmunks have bar spacing at 1cm, which is only just ok for adult chippies (sold as finch aviaries) but is the smallest available on commercial cages. Any deviation on the bars means they can escape eg from a waterbottle nozzle. I have put some much smaller mesh panels on any stretches that I can reasonably do (from Wickes) - mainly to stop the cats getting their claws & paws in when I had to split up the colony and had to use narrower cages. It more than doubled the cost of the cages, though, and is only practical on large rectangular areas - not something I would recommend for complicated shapes like Fearghal's.

I hope you find some appropriate housing for him soon. Maybe keep the carrier inside his old castle until then? It at least provides some level of extra security in the short-term.

Back