Thread: Female Rabbit Buzzing Constantly

Default Female Rabbit Buzzing Constantly

Hello,

I've a female rabbit (named Phoebe ). She's almost 4 months old, so too young for spaying. Lately she's been emitting a humming / buzzing sound constantly. She does it whenever she runs around, not necessarily when circling, but just randomly when she's about to run somewhere (like when someone opens a door to another room and she wants to go investigate). I wanted to ask whether that's a sign of puberty or something wrong with her. She does eat and drink (and poop) properly, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her visually.

It's excitement,she's curious.My bridge girl Cleo used to do it,pre spay she also liked to circle me and her neutered husbun and spray pee around.The joys.x
    Last edited by kattymieoww; 17-03-2020 at 02:53 PM.

One of my buns does this, I call it honking although not sure if it truly is. It's excitement/happiness/wanting food that makes him do it normally!

Wise Old Thumper

Some Does do buzz/honk pre spay. That said it is far more common for a Buck to do it, so are you 100% certain that Phoebe is a Doe ?
    Last edited by Jack's-Jane; 18-03-2020 at 04:57 AM. Reason: typo

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

Thanks everyone for the answers! I'm really glad that's not a pathological condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Some Does do buzz/honk pre spay. That said it is far more common for a Buck to do it, so are you 100% certain that Phoebe is a Doe ?
    Well, it said she was a female on her birth certificate I double-checked today, just to be sure -- she's indeed a Doe.

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by jiallombardo View Post
    Thanks everyone for the answers! I'm really glad that's not a pathological condition.

Well, it said she was a female on her birth certificate I double-checked today, just to be sure -- she's indeed a Doe.
    My female bun does it all the time when she's excited particularly when Ive just got home or woken up in morning. Pre and post spay regardless.