• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female Rabbit Buzzing Constantly

Hello,

I've a female rabbit (named Phoebe :) ). She's almost 4 months old, so too young for spaying. Lately she's been emitting a humming / buzzing sound constantly. She does it whenever she runs around, not necessarily when circling, but just randomly when she's about to run somewhere (like when someone opens a door to another room and she wants to go investigate). I wanted to ask whether that's a sign of puberty or something wrong with her. She does eat and drink (and poop) properly, and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her visually.

It's excitement,she's curious.My bridge girl Cleo used to do it,pre spay she also liked to circle me and her neutered husbun and spray pee around.The joys.x

Last edited:
One of my buns does this, I call it honking although not sure if it truly is. It's excitement/happiness/wanting food that makes him do it normally!

Some Does do buzz/honk pre spay. That said it is far more common for a Buck to do it, so are you 100% certain that Phoebe is a Doe ?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the answers! I'm really glad that's not a pathological condition.

Some Does do buzz/honk pre spay. That said it is far more common for a Buck to do it, so are you 100% certain that Phoebe is a Doe ?

Well, it said she was a female on her birth certificate :) I double-checked today, just to be sure -- she's indeed a Doe.

Thanks everyone for the answers! I'm really glad that's not a pathological condition.

Well, it said she was a female on her birth certificate :) I double-checked today, just to be sure -- she's indeed a Doe.

My female bun does it all the time when she's excited particularly when Ive just got home or woken up in morning. Pre and post spay regardless.

Back