Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Clementine vs Grace, nail clip saga

  1. #1
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,676

    Default Clementine vs Grace, nail clip saga

    We both lost something today, for me it was layers of skin and Clementine it was the tips of her nails. We both needed a lay down after she's the most dramatic of the 4 of them

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Moderator Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lower Sunbury
    Posts
    46,911

    Default

    I shouldn't laugh.

  3. #3
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    18,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    I shouldn't laugh.
    Nor should I, but I did

    Tethra is quite relaxed about having his done now, which is good. Tui would be totally manic, but her nails haven't needed to be done at all since I've had her. I even got my vet to confirm they were OK a week or so ago when they had their vaccinations. I think it must be all the running about she does on the concrete.

  4. #4
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36,051

    Default

    Oh dear I hope you aren’t too scratched up!

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

  5. #5
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,676

    Default

    It was funny glad it's over now tho..

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,533

    Default

    I feel your pain Graciee. Nail clipping time is a massive drama with both of mine. They always act like I've chopped all their legs off with an axe. Such a relief when it's all over!

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

    At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

    Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

  7. #7
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    I feel your pain Graciee. Nail clipping time is a massive drama with both of mine. They always act like I've chopped all their legs off with an axe. Such a relief when it's all over!

    Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    Well that's essentially what we are doing ofc!

    It was so tricky, front two paws I did with her feet on the ground, no problem.. Its the back ones that are the issue, the rest of them will let me get to their back feet, but not Clementine so she has to be flipped over... And every clip it's like her foot has been chopped off, and she kicks and just generally shows how upset she is. Was difficult to hold her too because my stomach is super in the way, whole thing as like a comedy sketch, which ended with foot flicks as she hopped away.. That one hurt deep we made up after a few minutes though with grooming each other, and she's only pulled a few faces this morning but generally seems happy to see me, so hopefully it'll be okay

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Mama Doe mikek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Well that's essentially what we are doing ofc!

    It was so tricky, front two paws I did with her feet on the ground, no problem.. Its the back ones that are the issue, the rest of them will let me get to their back feet, but not Clementine so she has to be flipped over... And every clip it's like her foot has been chopped off, and she kicks and just generally shows how upset she is. Was difficult to hold her too because my stomach is super in the way, whole thing as like a comedy sketch, which ended with foot flicks as she hopped away.. That one hurt deep we made up after a few minutes though with grooming each other, and she's only pulled a few faces this morning but generally seems happy to see me, so hopefully it'll be okay

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    i love foot flicks
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    if you're reading this it's too late

  9. #9
    Mama Doe bunny momma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    I am having more trouble seeing what I am doing, especially on the black bunnies' nails and the move just as I am ready to clip.
    It is remarkable how strong these bunnies can be.

  10. #10
    Moderator Graciee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    I am having more trouble seeing what I am doing, especially on the black bunnies' nails and the move just as I am ready to clip.
    It is remarkable how strong these bunnies can be.
    Yea I use the torch on my phone and shine it through the nail so I can see the quick. On the white buns you can just see it so they're easy

    I know! Buns are seriously strong!

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •