• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lillian and Leo 's bonding adventures - day 1...U/D 19 March vet visit now

Tea time update. Not a huge amount of change. Lillian was damp again underneath - a change from this morning. I'm concerned about that but I'm hoping that the issue is related to the fact that she has gas and stasis and it's putting pressure on Lillians urinary tract and she's not able to control herself as well as she should. Also she still has a temperature at the high end of where the vet said she wanted.
That said, Lillian was nomming on some grass that we'd cut for her from the lawn (fresh pulled) and I pulled some more grass and she quite enjoyed tucking into that. A short while ago she was nomming on some greens but she sort of looks at the food and you can see her thinking "I really want that but I don't feel I want it".
We've given her metaclopromide, metacam and sulfatrim (I'm wearing some of the metaclopromide) and she still feels a bit tight but there's more poop in the toilet area. It's a bit small but it's out there and not inside so she is processing internally. Just not as well as we need her to. I'm hoping another day or two of the metaclopromide will ease things and the sufatrim will help to control any infection.
I will update in the morning.
Thank you all again for vibes and for following..

Thank you TB. It was neglectful of me not to update the thread with today’s observations. My apologies, I have had rather an aggravating supermarket shop this evening and am still very wound up by it.
Anyway, onto Lillian. She was a bit damp this morning first thing, but seemed to have eaten better last night. I cleaned her out and there was plenty of damp patches through the megazorb and a definite increase in poop. All positive. Lillian presented as brighter, more alert and her routine was returning.
However, tea time was much more positive. There was much more poop output in the freshly made toilet area, and when I checked her at 6pm she was much drier with only the flamzene residue. She had been out in garden and also got wet from the downpour but my son got her in. She had really tucked into grass yesterday.
She was not keen on her meds tonight - clamping her mouth firmly shut in defiance. So she was definitely more aware.
She is singling out herbs as preference but she came into the living room 15 minutes ago and started pinging her food bell again and stood next to it, head up looking expectantly. Her eyes and head followed me as I got the fresh greens/herb bag and served it on her plate. Miss stuffy chops dug in and is now sploofed out next to the plate. So she’s quite relaxed and looks brighter. I do tend to hold back because I know things can change quickly. But the signs I can see look positive. She’s got more appetite, she’s pooping and weeing and has more of her routine.
Little Leo is confused and it’s been a week since we bonded them but sepetated them on Tuesday to allow Lillian the space to recover without the constant hassle from Leo. And I’m sad about that but Lillian needs the space and time otherwise she will just go downhill.
So, for all Lillian fans, she’s sploofed out at the moment, has regained some appetite and is pooping and weeing with some control.
I will update on the morning.
Thank you all for following and sorry my update is so late. Xx

Last edited:
Good morning everybun from cassa Lilleo.
This mornings update for you all. Lillian had an early breakfast because bun-dad has to go and find a supermarket with some basic food in, otherwise hoomans would starve.
Lillian had eaten well during the night and had a quick round of grass before I went off to queue for food. Oh my, I never thought I’d say that!
Having secured basic food (bread, frozen veg and some sauces), Lillian had her med and she was dry underneath and she was keen to go outside and meet up with Leo who was loitering!
That was several hours ago and the two of them have been galavanting round the garden, little miss stuffy chops eating everything she could - grass being top of the list.
Leo has been persistent but there have been periods of relaxing and they are outside sunbathing whilst I cook as many meals as I can whilst drinking the few lemsips I have left as I have a sore throat and a cold. But lilleo seem quite content outside and Lillian is certainly much improved.
Will try to post some photos later.
Thank you all for vibes and following.
Xx

I am so pleased Lillian is feeling much better and now back with Leo. Perhaps he has calmed down a bit now. On the subject of Primroses, I would make sure that there aren't any to be eaten as they can apparently kill dogs, cats and horses!! It didn't mention rabbits but I wouldn't take any chances. Primroses have a chemical in them so this website said.

Good afternoon everybun. A quick update on this thread plus video taken yesterday.
Firstly the video -

Lillian and Leo have been together 24/7 since Wednesday this week. This was to give Lillian time to get over her bout of UTI - which she appears to have done so. We moved Leo indoors after spending the day outside and having observed Leo not being quite so constantly amorous, we felt that we could allow them to spend the night together. This worked well and they have been together now since Wednesday without too much humping. Leo still continues to hump Lillian - but it is not as frequent as it was before Lillian got UTI 2 weeks ago. It was about every 30 seconds at that point. Now, Leo can go quite some time without getting frisky so Lillian doesn't feel quite so hassled.
Lillian has also taught Leo how to ring the food bell - and I know I haven't got footage yet because it's something we need to have the camera ready for. But he did so this morning and he gently puts his chin on said bell until it tings. All rather sweet. And I will get this footage soon - promise.
So, we have Lilleo - finally bonded and venturing out on their lifes together.....

Lovely update Craig, so pleased for you all that it's worked out well. Can't wait to see the footage of the food bell, it sounds hilarious :lol:

Yay, we have needed some good news!
Having just watched your video, he does seem fascinated with her

Richard

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Am so glad that Lillian has bunny company in her life again. I know you weren't ready for another bun but I think Lillian was.

Back