• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possibly the most ridiculous article I've read on rabbits

Wet mouth = pos' Dental Disease

slightly lop sided face = pos' chronic otitis media

Human feeding custard creams to Rabbits = :censored: eejit

Veterinary Professionals putting out misleading and dangerous information = :censored: irresponsible.

Have forwarded the link to the RWAF x

Wet mouth = pos' Dental Disease

slightly lop sided face = pos' chronic otitis media

Human feeding custard creams to Rabbits = :censored: eejit

Veterinary Professionals putting out misleading and dangerous life = :censored: irresponsible.

Have forwarded the link to the RWAF x
Yea it's a real **** show isn't it [emoji38]

Can they do anything? I often wonder if I should do that when I see bad stuff, I don't want to like bother them tho? [emoji38]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yea it's a real **** show isn't it [emoji38]

Can they do anything? I often wonder if I should do that when I see bad stuff, I don't want to like bother them tho? [emoji38]

Yes, definitely pass on any misleading information about Rabbit Health and Welfare. They have a team of folk who deal with such issues. No doubt a lot more tactfully than I would !!

Yes, definitely pass on any misleading information about Rabbit Health and Welfare. They have a team of folk who deal with such issues. No doubt a lot more tactfully than I would !!
Ah that's good to know, I will in the future then :)

Hah yea same [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Absolutely ridiculous, misleading, potentially dangerous.
I’ve just looked, though, and I think it says 2014.

I’m with you on that - tact seems to fly out of the window.

My mate's rabbit did survive on custard creams for about 4yrs but she was a kid who didn't know any better and knew it wasn't much good then (early 1990s)! She's always appalled when she tells the story :(

My mate's rabbit did survive on custard creams for about 4yrs but she was a kid who didn't know any better and knew it wasn't much good then (early 1990s)! She's always appalled when she tells the story :(
Ah, I know that feeling... idek how my mini lops lived til 10 years old you know.. I mean, it wasn't terrible, they weren't mistreated or anything..But there's a lot I did so so wrong [emoji51] they were my 9th birthday present,and I didn't really want them or like them very much.. And I hated having to clean their hutch and run out on my own in all weather's, they felt like a punishment that didn't really do much.. [emoji51] they did by fluke get fed excel pellets but way too many! And that was just what I randomly picked up.. They had muesli for the first few years [emoji51] hay was cheap and not all green and lush, they did have access to constant fresh grass though... And I did their litter tray once a week.. And it was disgusting.. How they didn't get fly strike I'll never know, because my female seemed to get messy and need bathing often, which again I hated having to do, but no vet could tell me why it was happening.. And she also had mites which never cleared up.. Just flaking white dandruff all the time.. Took her for so many treatments and nothing got rid of it.. So I've no idea what that was still [emoji51] I shudder to think what plants they may have eaten free ranging the garden too [emoji21]

Atticus and Clementine don't step a paw on the lawn without it being thoroughly checked for weeds and just stuff [emoji38] and my buns all are terribly spoilt [emoji51][emoji38]

It makes me sad when mis information is posted =who ever wrote the article could very easily have researched what is best practice and put something on the bottom of the article. I do hope JJ passing it up to RWAF helps but I fear the damage will have been done and there will be bunnies given biscuits now as treats.

I found that article on page one of my google search for the worlds oldest rabbit. Sad to think some could people could be researching how to give their bunnies full life expectancy & buy in to that drivel. The fact that the vets seemed on board with it all & had never seen a 10 year old rabbit was the icing on the cake

Back