• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple sticks - how often?

nap91

Mama Doe
How often do you give apple sticks to your rabbits? I ordered some from RU last week for the first time and our 3 adore them. It also stops them chewing things they shouldn’t which is great :lol:

But just want to make sure I’m not feeding them too often :)

fe3732ca700f442e183e494a2e0df3ab.jpg

3b66a4a84c87d4336b7796dbe7fc3b00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we've got some, they have them more or less all the time. I don't think they need to be restricted. I do that with all sticks that they have. At the moment we have a pile of Weeping Willow prunings and there are always some in the shed and the run for them to nibble on. I just remove them when they've removed all the bark.

Thanks Omi, that’s pretty much what we’ve been doing, just didn’t know if they could have too much as they don’t last long at all :lol:

look at Phillip with his manly sized stick :love: Beautiful bunnies.

All mine adore apple sticks. Its a lovely thing to watch

How often do you give apple sticks to your rabbits? I ordered some from RU last week for the first time and our 3 adore them. It also stops them chewing things they shouldn’t which is great :lol:

But just want to make sure I’m not feeding them too often :)

fe3732ca700f442e183e494a2e0df3ab.jpg

3b66a4a84c87d4336b7796dbe7fc3b00.jpg

Could you tell me what RU is please? Looking for places to order Apple sticks. I tried to get some pear wood from a tree in the garden but Fudge was only keen on the leaves and not the branches.

Hi RU is this forum. I ordered them from this post: PEAR and Apple Sticks For Sale in Aid of Honeybunnies
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ead.php?t=413619&share_type=t&link_source=app

Ah dopey me!! Unfortunately I have missed out with the whole COVID-19, hopefully order some when things are better. So annoying that have a pear tree in garden, but Fudge isn't interested in those sticks, just the leaves. Apples sticks he adores.

Back