Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Apple sticks - how often?

  1. #1
    Mama Doe nap91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,332

    Default Apple sticks - how often?

    How often do you give apple sticks to your rabbits? I ordered some from RU last week for the first time and our 3 adore them. It also stops them chewing things they shouldn’t which is great

    But just want to make sure I’m not feeding them too often







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    18,223

    Default

    When we've got some, they have them more or less all the time. I don't think they need to be restricted. I do that with all sticks that they have. At the moment we have a pile of Weeping Willow prunings and there are always some in the shed and the run for them to nibble on. I just remove them when they've removed all the bark.

  3. #3
    Mama Doe nap91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Thanks Omi, that’s pretty much what we’ve been doing, just didn’t know if they could have too much as they don’t last long at all


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Moderator Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    36,051

    Default

    I give Frosty and Fern around 4- 6 per day, depending on the size of them.

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

  5. #5
    Mama Doe nap91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    I give Frosty and Fern around 4- 6 per day, depending on the size of them.
    Thanks Zoobec, good to know

  6. #6
    Wise Old Thumper joey&boo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    14,747

    Default

    look at Phillip with his manly sized stick Beautiful bunnies.

    All mine adore apple sticks. Its a lovely thing to watch

  7. #7
    Warren Scout Leesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    wirral, uk
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    How often do you give apple sticks to your rabbits? I ordered some from RU last week for the first time and our 3 adore them. It also stops them chewing things they shouldn’t which is great

    But just want to make sure I’m not feeding them too often







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could you tell me what RU is please? Looking for places to order Apple sticks. I tried to get some pear wood from a tree in the garden but Fudge was only keen on the leaves and not the branches.

  8. #8
    Mama Doe nap91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
    Could you tell me what RU is please? Looking for places to order Apple sticks. I tried to get some pear wood from a tree in the garden but Fudge was only keen on the leaves and not the branches.
    Hi RU is this forum. I ordered them from this post: PEAR and Apple Sticks For Sale in Aid of Honeybunnies
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Warren Scout Leesa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    wirral, uk
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Hi RU is this forum. I ordered them from this post: PEAR and Apple Sticks For Sale in Aid of Honeybunnies
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah dopey me!! Unfortunately I have missed out with the whole COVID-19, hopefully order some when things are better. So annoying that have a pear tree in garden, but Fudge isn't interested in those sticks, just the leaves. Apples sticks he adores.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •