Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Both rabbits not well

Default Both rabbits not well

Both of my bunnies are off their food and generally under the weather. Theyíve barely touched their hay since yesterday and Iíve noticed a gradual decline in appetite over the past few days (one bunny is significantly worse). Iíve persuaded one of them to have some greens and pellets, and the other has had some critical care mix.

I have a vets appointment this morning, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas. They both seem pretty lethargic and are sitting hunched. The other strange symptoms Iíve noticed are possible faster breathing than normal (almost panting?!), and every so often itís like their whole body twitches/jolts and then they settle back down.

One of them is a dental bunny and is up to date with his dentals so Iím confident teeth are ok. They are both fully vaccinated.

I donít know if Iím just reading too much into their symptoms, or if one has picked up on the other not being well.

Really worried 😟

I have no idea what the issue might be but you are doing exactly the right thing by getting them seen by a vet asap.
    bunnies not eating needs addressing asap. could be nothing but it's not worth the risk delaying.

good luck & you have my best wishes. xxx
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Wise Old Thumper

Sorry your bunnies don't seem well. It is very strange to have 2 ill at the same time. You say they are vaccinated, is that with both vaccines? Have they eaten something they shouldn't have? Have they had a scare in the night if they are outdoors. I do hope they improve and that the Vet can find the problem.

I know - it's really strange, but I'm just not happy with either of them. They are indoors so shouldn't have had any sort of scare. It did occur to me that maybe they have eaten something they shouldn't have, but I can't think of what that could be....unless its something they have found in their hay.

Yeah they've had all vaccines - myxi, and both vhd1&2.

Warren Scout

How worrying for you. I hope the vet has some answers and suitable treatment.

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of vibes for your two poorly bunnies. I hope the vet can help.

Poor Bunnies They have not been able to nibble at any old painted wood have they, paint they may contain lead ?

https://www.msdvetmanual.com/toxicol...lead-poisoning

The Black Rabbit of Inlť now comes in the invisible form of Covid 19. SELF ISOLATE to save yourself and others. Not doing so may kill you, it may kill many others too.

Thanks everyone. I am back from the vets with them.

We've had x-rays, blood tests, fluid and pain relief and a diuretic. Blood tests ok for kidneys and glucose levels. No sign of blockages or tumours on the x-rays.

Lungs by chance appeared on one of the x-ray photos and vet doesn't think they look right - she used the term "fluffy".

Been sent home with pain relief and calling the vet tomorrow AM for an update.

Sending lots of vibes for them both xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Sending vibes your way. I hope the vet works out what's wrong with them.