Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Bunny Not cleaning Her Noise

Default Baby Bunny Not cleaning Her Noise

Hello

I have a 11 week old bunny who seem to be in great health and spirit, But for some reason she doesnt seem to be cleaning her nose, she seems to be getting alot hay dust kinda stuck there (nothing like snot or anything bad like that)

You can see it alittle in this pic but its worse now, i dont think its a health problem but i dont know how to get her to clean her nose, as she wont let us clean it for her as its a sensative area - any one got any ideas on how to clean her nose or get her to clean it?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadHeadDraven View Post
    Hello

I have a 11 week old bunny who seem to be in great health and spirit, But for some reason she doesnt seem to be cleaning her nose, she seems to be getting alot hay dust kinda stuck there (nothing like snot or anything bad like that)

You can see it alittle in this pic but its worse now, i dont think its a health problem but i dont know how to get her to clean her nose, as she wont let us clean it for her as its a sensative area - any one got any ideas on how to clean her nose or get her to clean it?

It may be that she does have a slightly snotty nose and that she is not wiping all of it away. Have you checked the insides of her front paws to see if the fur there is sticky/damp/matted ? If you cannot clean her nose yourself then I'd get a Vet/ VN to do it for you. A Vet check would also enable you to discuss getting your Bunny Vaccinated (essential) and, when she is old enough, spayed.

Good luck

The Black Rabbit of Inlé now comes in the invisible form of Covid 19. SELF ISOLATE to save yourself and others. Not doing so may kill you, it may kill many others too.

Wise Old Thumper

It looks as if bunny has a slight runny nose for which she might need some antibiotics before it gets worse. Do you use wood shavings as this can upset their respiratory system. She is very beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by tonibun View Post
    It looks as if bunny has a slight runny nose for which she might need some antibiotics before it gets worse. Do you use wood shavings as this can upset their respiratory system. She is very beautiful.
    Thank you - we do use wood shavings as we have never had a problem before (been keeping rabbits for 13 years)

we will take her to the vet asap to get her checked out - really doesn't seem like she has a runny nose but maybe she does

Could be the start of a case of snuffles (pasturella) as this is a common symptom. From the research I’ve done, younger rabbits can be more susceptible to this due to them having weaker immune systems. Definitely get her checked by a vet as recommended by others.

I agree she may have start of runny nose, so best to have vet check for bacteria.
    Is there a lot of fine particles of pellets or hay dust in her food? If so could be irritating nose. Also some wood shavings cedar , pine, are worse than others, and many people avoid. Also individual bunny could be sensitive to some materials. Good ventilation also helps.

Thanks for all the replys, I am going to take her to the vets to be sure but i deffinatly do not think its a running nose

taking a really good look at her yesterday, her nose isnt wet at all and where the black marks are they are also dry and in no way crusty or claggy

also i checked her feet and there is no dirt, matting or wetness, I reallt seems like she just has a dirty nose

Its very odd i have never seen anything like it and carnt find anyother referance or pictures of other rabbitsa with the same thing

hopefully the vet will have the answer.

She is absolutely gorgeous btw, such a beautiful little face

IKR, its daft how cute she is

UPDATE

Took her too the vets and it was just food stuff from her hay & Greens so she is all good