• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie (goat) needs a dental

Fingers crossed for black treacle and molasses :) I must admit red and gloopy consistency doesn't sound the most appealing. I'm pleased that Charlie is acting more normally now though.

Fingers crossed for black treacle and molasses :) I must admit red and gloopy consistency doesn't sound the most appealing. I'm pleased that Charlie is acting more normally now though.

No, I agree, the red stuff looks disgusting. And 30ml is a lot! The vet said the molasses might make it palatable or at least thicker to hold it in his mouth better. I know mummy Pickle likes black treacle so fingers crossed......

He doesn’t like black treacle mixed with red goop. And he ate some when I mixed goat mix in with it but not much. I think I’ll just have to syringe feed it!

Oh Charlie, I'm sorry your having difficulties with his meds. 30mls is a lot. Hows his appetite now?

Oh Charlie, I'm sorry your having difficulties with his meds. 30mls is a lot. Hows his appetite now?

His appetite is really good, he’s not eating quite as much hay as I’d like, but he’s eating his chopped grass and goat mix fine. The vet wants me to continue with the meds until he’s eating completely normally and he will take it but he’s such a good boy and so obviously hates it that it’s hard for me to make him take it :cry: I really hoped he would like black treacle but they are a little fussy and thinking about it they don’t like molassed chopped grass so I should have known really :roll: so I cancelled the molasses order for tomorrow :lol:

Hope Charlie starts eating and taking his meds better today. I love watching the goats on the Yorkshire Vet, they seem such lovely animals.

Hope Charlie starts eating and taking his meds better today. I love watching the goats on the Yorkshire Vet, they seem such lovely animals.

Thankyou :love: I found out that the ‘medicine’ is not much more than a sugar syrup so I decided that I didn’t want to force syringe feed him it neat, now he is eating, today he is back to eating normally and ripping hay from the hay rack :thumb: I’ve bought garlic powder to mix in with the goat mix and sugar syrup mixture and I’m hopeful he will eat that as they all love wild garlic.

Thankyou :love: I found out that the ‘medicine’ is not much more than a sugar syrup so I decided that I didn’t want to force syringe feed him it neat, now he is eating, today he is back to eating normally and ripping hay from the hay rack :thumb: I’ve bought garlic powder to mix in with the goat mix and sugar syrup mixture and I’m hopeful he will eat that as they all love wild garlic.

I'm glad Charlie's back to normal eating :) I can't really imagine garlic with sugar syrup, but hopefully he'll enjoy it.

Thankfully the garlic powder works. In fact he loves it :love: he is back to his usual self now but I’m going to mix the syrup into his feed morning and night until it’s finished, now I know he will eat it with the garlic powder! It will help build him up again :thumb:

That's great news, good boy :thumb: I bet you smell lovely Charlie :? don't worry, I'd still hug you boy xx

Back