• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re-bonding my pre-bonded bunnies

Smarie85

New Kit
Hi
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I’m a new bunny owner & have 2 beautiful white mini lops. They are brother & sister & have been together since birth & were bonded beautifully.
I separated them at 12 weeks old & at 16-17 weeks old had them both neutered.
I have still kept them separated whilst they healed. (The entire separation time has been in hutches opposite each other & they have been in constant sight of each other, i also swapped the toys around etc so they could smell each others scents).
Its now been 4 weeks (advise given to me by the vets) and today i have put them together in a neutral area. I have kept an eye on them for a couple of hours & all seems good. The buck is grooming the doe & they have both fell to sleep cuddling.
As they are were bonded before & seem perfectly fine, i’m tempted to completely clean out the hutch they will be in (mainly kept the buck in there so the doe didn’t become territorial) & replace all the bedding etc & try & put them together today - still keeping a very close eye on them.
Please can anyone with bonding experience advise me on this? I don’t know if its too soon to put them back in the same hutch, but then it seems so wrong to separate them again when they are so happy back together.
Thank you so much in advance for any advice
Shelley

Sorry this was missed earlier. I would have said yes to keeping them together, perhaps you did so? If not don't worry, it will be fine to put them together tomorrow. I hope you have many happy years with your bunnies. Are they vaccinated?

Thank you so much for your reply. yes i took the risk & put them together...and so far so good. Long may it continue!
Not yet vaccinated, that will be booked in next week x

Last edited:
Back