Thread: Re-bonding my pre-bonded bunnies

New Kit

Default Re-bonding my pre-bonded bunnies

Hi
    Thank you for taking the time to read this. Iím a new bunny owner & have 2 beautiful white mini lops. They are brother & sister & have been together since birth & were bonded beautifully.
    I separated them at 12 weeks old & at 16-17 weeks old had them both neutered.
    I have still kept them separated whilst they healed. (The entire separation time has been in hutches opposite each other & they have been in constant sight of each other, i also swapped the toys around etc so they could smell each others scents).
    Its now been 4 weeks (advise given to me by the vets) and today i have put them together in a neutral area. I have kept an eye on them for a couple of hours & all seems good. The buck is grooming the doe & they have both fell to sleep cuddling.
    As they are were bonded before & seem perfectly fine, iím tempted to completely clean out the hutch they will be in (mainly kept the buck in there so the doe didnít become territorial) & replace all the bedding etc & try & put them together today - still keeping a very close eye on them.
    Please can anyone with bonding experience advise me on this? I donít know if its too soon to put them back in the same hutch, but then it seems so wrong to separate them again when they are so happy back together.
    Thank you so much in advance for any advice
    Shelley

Wise Old Thumper

Sorry this was missed earlier. I would have said yes to keeping them together, perhaps you did so? If not don't worry, it will be fine to put them together tomorrow. I hope you have many happy years with your bunnies. Are they vaccinated?

New Kit

Thank you so much for your reply. yes i took the risk & put them together...and so far so good. Long may it continue!
    Not yet vaccinated, that will be booked in next week x
    Last edited by Smarie85; 23-02-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Wise Old Thumper

Good decision It sounds as though they are happy together.