Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunnies are expensive

Yup. Basil is now at 1100 and counting for a very tricky ear infection, argh! But he’s gorgeous and has massive feet so we let him off ;-)

I wouldn't even want to count

Phillip got to 2000 in 2018 and that's just what we claimed on the insurance before it maxed out!

Snowy wasn't insured but got to at least 1000 last year in vet bills alone. She gave our credit card a battering several times during her life with us.

But I wouldn't change a thing, I'd do anything for my animals

I've never stopped to add it all up, the food, cat supplements, vets bills, madams pedicures, I would probably be shocked if I did. But to be honest, I don't care, as long as I can pay it I will. I would rather go without myself, they are worth every penny to me.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by Pets mum View Post
    I've never stopped to add it all up, the food, cat supplements, vets bills, madams pedicures, I would probably be shocked if I did. But to be honest, I don't care, as long as I can pay it I will. I would rather go without myself, they are worth every penny to me.
    Yea I feel this way

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I just pay as and when needed. i'd rather not know the total
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    We do that too, but with Clementine and Atticus and all their health issues and management requirements it adds up, so we keep track a bit more Clementine is well over 7k atm which sounds kinda mad, but it soon adds up. She's had a lot of care though and help with stuff, wouldn't change anything, the nightly grooms make everything worth it, as does seeing her fuzzy face each morning

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I wouldn't change a thing either they are & always have been my greatest joy - I don't need anything for me other than to know they are as happy, healthy & protected as possible

Mama Doe

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    This is so me too!
    Also to try and mask the truth from the hubby!!!!! x
    Untitled by Mrs M, on Flickr

Bonded group of 7! Plus 1 disabled house bunny!
    Bear, Greyie, Pete, Buttons, Leo and Adam, Princess and Leia
    Phil & Dev the rescue Guinea Pigs
    Gary the shih tzu pup!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9m...TxfAXRIiU7P-Uw
    My Bunnies Blog: https://thehoppyhouse.wordpress.com
    Instagram: the_hoppy_house

I don't have bunnies any more but Alfie (my 'dearest' bunny) was relatively cheap compared to some of the costs mentioned here. I never used to add it up though, just paying each individual bill was painful enough.

We have a total care plan now for the cats and it's so much less stressful. 43 a month each and no worries about any vet costs, not even an excess. We added up how much Freddie would have cost us in his first year and, although I can't remember actual figures, we were quids in.

We have 5 cats and then R'Stan the bun.
    All insured. Stan is the only rabbit we have ever insured. Ozzie who we lost last year totted up over 500 before we lost him.
    Our outlay monthly in petplan is 120 but we have used it nearly every year that we have had it. Cats have tipped 1000 more than once.

I like that I can say yes lets try that with a vet and hopefully give the pet the best chance. Yes we could have a good holiday each year instead but thats only 14 days. Pets are 365.

My vet unfortunately has a pay first claim after policy but with Stan I asked if there was any kind of plan and they were agreeable to doing direct claim. Think they need to be confident in the client first. They are a small practice.

I shudder to think how much I have spent over the years on cats and rabbits. It will be upteen thousands. But to me its worth it. Although Stan is last bunny standing and the cats wont be replaced until we are at the point of being without......unless something turns up at the door