• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's Tethra's Birthday

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
My lovely, gentle Tethra is 9 years old today :love::love::love: Happy Birthday my bestest boykin :love::love::love:

Tethra came into my life 8 years ago when I adopted him along with his Mum, Dad and Brother from Alice at Windwhistle Warren. They were advertised as 'The Rex Family'. Tethra and his brother were litter mates, born in rescue. They were all unbelievably close, often to be found in a rabbit huddle, and Alice was keen to have the four kept together. Sadly, now it's just Tethra, but they have all been a wonderful part of my life :love:

So have a wonderful day my precious one and I'll see if I can find something tasty in the garden for you and Tui to share later :love:

Well Tethra has just shared his Birthday Breakfast with his favourite girl Tui. They had Red Campion, Chickweed, Grass, Red Deadnettle, Sow Thistle, Dock and Cow Parsley :D

Well Tethra has just shared his Birthday Breakfast with his favourite girl Tui. They had Red Campion, Chickweed, Grass, Red Deadnettle, Sow Thistle, Dock and Cow Parsley :D

Yum. Thats better than "we'll see what we can find in the garden"

Yum. Thats better than "we'll see what we can find in the garden"

They thought so too :) It was interesting watching them as they haven't had quite such a selection for some months. Tui just opened her large mouth and took whatever was closest and today that was usually a mixture of species. Tethra sniffed around and prioritised on taste, Cow Parsley first, Red Deadnettle second.

There's none left anyway :)

Tui shovelling it in :lol: I love watching what they choose to eat first & how it changes over time. Tethra is just 2 months older than my Joey (he was rescued as a kit so his age is reasonably reliable) - I also adopted him when he was one.

If there's none left you clearly have created the cardinal sin of underfeeding birthday party guests. Nobunny does that. Back out in the garden Omi - there is still lunch, dinner & supper to think about

Tui shovelling it in :lol: I love watching what they choose to eat first & how it changes over time. Tethra is just 2 months older than my Joey (he was rescued as a kit so his age is reasonably reliable) - I also adopted him when he was one.

If there's none left you clearly have created the cardinal sin of underfeeding birthday party guests. Nobunny does that. Back out in the garden Omi - there is still lunch, dinner & supper to think about

I know :) Snooze time first though :)

Yes, when I think of Tethra's age I often think of Joey too, as I know they are roughly the same age.

Good morning RU, Tethra here :wave:

Thank you all for your Birthday wishes :love: I felt quite overwhelmed. I had a very pleasant day, thank you. I was particularly pleased that the horrible, scary whooshing sound now seems to have gone from around my little house.

I was presented with a large box of my favourite food later in the day after I'd had a lovely, relaxing snooze with my gal - fresh green grass :love: I was told that especially now that I'm 9, I need to be careful not to overload my tummy and that keeping to a simple diet is probably best for me. I did also have a wonderful breakfast :D

Scrappy, I really didn't notice lots of kisses from Tui. I often wonder if this is something that her Mummy Tui didn't teach her. However, what was really appreciated was that she made available her squidgy body for me to use as a pillow while I snoozed, which I found most pleasing and comfortable :love:

Back