Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heidi not eating

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Poor Heidi, I hope she's fully back to normal.

It's good that she's passing poos, albeit oddly shaped ones. So it sounds like you've caught the gut slowdown very quickly.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Thank you to all our RU friends. Your good thoughts and vibes are helping Heidi, and also me. It is nice to have friends who understand how serious it can be when a bunny stops eating and/or making normal poos.
    I do not want to jinx her, yet she made a lot of poo overnight-lots more than usual so I suspect she was not passing it as quickly as she was producing it since she began shedding. About half were smaller and harder than usual, rest were normal size, yet still a bit hard. She even passed a poo coated piece of fur that was the size of a normal poo so I now feel better about giving her the motility drug.
    Even with Sub Q fluids she drank water overnight; and this morning she ran for the few pellets my spouse gave her before leaving for work. She did not waste time on making them disappear and was begging for more. This is when I realized she did not act as enthusiastic yesterday morning so I probably should have noticed then.
    Today I will give her more fluids, medicam and motility drugs and hope her gut can keep moving at a normal pace. Some keep eating/drinking/weeing/pooping vibes would be appreciated.
    It is also a mystery why she decided to shed her coat last week when we had some of our coldest weather this winter. I hope her and Raven's shedding means that warmer weather will soon be here (wishful thinking).
    dear bunnymomma,-sending lots of love vibs,for Heidi,-lots of questions here,first read through some of the data on these two links,- http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/poop.html the mystery of rabbit poop and http://www.medirabbit.com these two are my favorite.lots of info.sincerely james waller from the other kent-usa

Thank you for the good wishes and for the information.
    Tuesday morning Heidi was acting normally and eating her pellets, then Tuesday night she was being fussy again until a couple hours after I gave her Medicam. I gave her a second dose of motility med overnight and Wednesday norming she was back to being herself and devouring the few pellets she gets right away and her poos were close to normal. She also ate her evening pellets and came begging for a piece of Selective Naturals Garden Stick when she saw me taking one out of the package to share with her friends.
    She is still shedding so I am thinking of keeping ahead of another slowdown by giving her on some extra fluids and a maintenance dose of motility meds before bedtime.
    The people on RU are wonderful and me and I sometimes read the posts to my bunnies to let them know they have friends on RU too.

Thank you for the good wishes and for the information.
    Tuesday morning Heidi was acting normally and eating her pellets, then Tuesday night she was being fussy again until a couple hours after I gave her Medicam. I gave her a second dose of motility med overnight and Wednesday norming she was back to being herself and devouring the few pellets she gets right away and her poos were close to normal. She also ate her evening pellets and came begging for a piece of Selective Naturals Garden Stick when she saw me taking one out of the package to share with her friends.
    She is still shedding so I am thinking of keeping ahead of another slowdown by giving her on some extra fluids and a maintenance dose of motility meds before bedtime.
    The people on RU are wonderful and me and I sometimes read the posts to my bunnies to let them know they have friends on RU too.
    I really hope that Heidi continues to improve. Is she due a Vet check soon to see if her Vet can ascertain a primary cause of her current GI tract issues ? I am asking as IME moulting/shedding is not often a primary cause of reduced gut motility, fur ingestion only becomes an issue if the GI tract motility is already not 100% for some other reason. Anyway, I am sure you have it all in hand Topping up the vibes for Heidi xx

The Black Rabbit of Inlé now comes in the invisible form of Covid 19. SELF ISOLATE to save yourself and others. Not doing so may kill you, it may kill many others too.

Pleased she's doing well. It's great to have pain relief and gut mobility medicine on hand. Bunnies are such a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I really hope that Heidi continues to improve. Is she due a Vet check soon to see if her Vet can ascertain a primary cause of her current GI tract issues ? I am asking as IME moulting/shedding is not often a primary cause of reduced gut motility, fur ingestion only becomes an issue if the GI tract motility is already not 100% for some other reason. Anyway, I am sure you have it all in hand Topping up the vibes for Heidi xx
    Thanks Jane. I noticed that she was drinking less water right before this began, so I wonder if that caused slow down; yet wonder why not drinking lots of water like she normally does.
    She also may be stressed by contractors who are making needed repairs and updates.

Thanks Jane. I noticed that she was drinking less water right before this began, so I wonder if that caused slow down; yet wonder why not drinking lots of water like she normally does.
    She also may be stressed by contractors who are making needed repairs and updates.
    That could certainly lead to gut slow down. Do you give her tap water or bottled ?

The Black Rabbit of Inlé now comes in the invisible form of Covid 19. SELF ISOLATE to save yourself and others. Not doing so may kill you, it may kill many others too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    That could certainly lead to gut slow down. Do you give her tap water or bottled ?
    Tap water. Water usually good in winter. In warm weather water can somtimes taste different due to use of more chemicals used.

Today Raven has same issue Heidi had couple days ago. He is my dental bunny and was off meds 4 weeks (his dental was January 14). Restarting meds.
    Asking for vibes for Raven.

Sending vibes to raven and also Heidi. Hoping things get back to normal with Heidi and Raven quickly. Xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Sending lots of vibes for Raven and Heidi xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx