Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heidi not eating

Default Heidi not eating

My mini rex did not eat her evening pellets. Heidi usually runs for her pellets. At 8pm she got a teaspoon of pellets, yet she did not eat any and it is 1am.
    At 11:30pm I cleaned her litterbox and within 10 minutes she made 12 fresh poos. Poos normal size yet slightly harder than usual. She drank slightly less water since morning too.
    She has been shedding this past week and I groomed her often to remove loose fur (lot on friday).
    I gave fluids and medicam. I think her gut is slow so deciding if I should add motility meds like she got last time she was shedding and she had same symptoms.
    We could use some vibes.

Shortly after I sent this posting, I checked on Heidi and she made 10 almost normal sized, very hard poos. I also saw she was eating a few pellets, though she still did not touch her 1/2 fibafirst stick (unlike Heidi).
    I removed the poos and threw them out in another room before returning to see she made about 30 more poos. Most of these new poos were very small, thin, irregular shaped, extremely hard, along with about 5 normal/not hard poos. I was glad to see she passed these, yet concerned she had so many small/irregular poos now. She tolerated metoclopramide well I May, so I decided to give her a dose so she will continue to move things along. She also made me some fresh pee so I was glad to see her hydration has improved.
    It is now 2am so I am hoping she will eat her hay overnight and she will give me a big pile of poos and come running for her breakfast.

Wise Old Thumper

Sending lots of vibes for Heidi. I hope she improves by (your) breakfast time.

Sorry to hear of more bunny stresses. I hope she continues to eat & feel better

Sending lots of vibes xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

I hope Heidi is doing a lot better now xx

The Black Rabbit of Inlé now comes in the invisible form of Covid 19. SELF ISOLATE to save yourself and others. Not doing so may kill you, it may kill many others too.

Adding my vibes for Heidi, hope she's doing better now xx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Sending vibes for Heidi.x

Sending lots of vibes xx

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you to all our RU friends. Your good thoughts and vibes are helping Heidi, and also me. It is nice to have friends who understand how serious it can be when a bunny stops eating and/or making normal poos.
    I do not want to jinx her, yet she made a lot of poo overnight-lots more than usual so I suspect she was not passing it as quickly as she was producing it since she began shedding. About half were smaller and harder than usual, rest were normal size, yet still a bit hard. She even passed a poo coated piece of fur that was the size of a normal poo so I now feel better about giving her the motility drug.
    Even with Sub Q fluids she drank water overnight; and this morning she ran for the few pellets my spouse gave her before leaving for work. She did not waste time on making them disappear and was begging for more. This is when I realized she did not act as enthusiastic yesterday morning so I probably should have noticed then.
    Today I will give her more fluids, medicam and motility drugs and hope her gut can keep moving at a normal pace. Some keep eating/drinking/weeing/pooping vibes would be appreciated.
    It is also a mystery why she decided to shed her coat last week when we had some of our coldest weather this winter. I hope her and Raven's shedding means that warmer weather will soon be here (wishful thinking).