• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits have empty cereal boxes?

Ellieanna

New Kit
I know they love cardboard but I don’t want to give it just in case the ink is dangerous, the gerbils are aloud to have them so I was thinking the rabbits might?

I know they love cardboard but I don’t want to give it just in case the ink is dangerous, the gerbils are aloud to have them so I was thinking the rabbits might?

I let my Rabbits play with them, but if they start to ingest a lot of cardboard I remove them. I never leave them unsupervised with access to cardboard as I feel the potential for them to ingest a lot and for it to cause a GI tract obstruction is too great.

I wouldn’t give them cereal boxes as although they would probably like them, the ink could potentially be very harmful if digested. I’d definitely look at giving them plain cardboard without ink instead as I wouldn’t risk it.

As Jane said, Ingesting any cardboard is biggest concern. Otherwise I allow cereal boxes .
Corrugated cardboard has glue,

Last edited:
Back